Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
game addiction
Im starting to realize that im little addicted to starcraft 2 and Tetris.

Any tips how to get rid of addiction - or do you ever really fully recover? Clean cut works the best?

I have a bit of a iPad game addiction all those apps lol honestly I love Thursdays because the app store gets updated lol when I have time I also like a bit of the darkness 2lol

I'm not the gamer I use to be. I was addicted to WoW for 5 years. The way I broke my addiction was harsh but it worked. As my last game time cane up, I told myself no more. I had tried quitting before but kept going back. So I uninstalled the gane, removed everything revalent to it from my computer, and I trashed all my game discs related to the game. That was back in December and here it is May and I have not had the urge to play since after Feburary.

PurpleHusky Wrote:I'm not the gamer I use to be. I was addicted to WoW for 5 years. The way I broke my addiction was harsh but it worked. As my last game time cane up, I told myself no more. I had tried quitting before but kept going back. So I uninstalled the gane, removed everything revalent to it from my computer, and I trashed all my game discs related to the game. That was back in December and here it is May and I have not had the urge to play since after Feburary.

Sweet! Keep up the good work!

Gona uninstall starcraft but I go no discs to destroy. Been using digital stores for few years now whenever possible. As for Tetris... hmh.. I quess I'll have to toss old gameboy to bin. About time now that I think of it.

Like any addiction take it bit by bit, just take time to live your live rather than playing games :-)

I've managed to quit my WoW addiction for 3 years in Autumn and never looked back and I am happy about that but I am still so game and computer addicted... Guess my life is just so eventless I have to distract my self to not get depressed. I could need some help to :redface: Sorry for stealing the thread... Well just try to find an hobby that you love. Sport, music, instrument, painting? I dunno Smile
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

2 days without starcraft and tetris - tetris part has been harder but so far I havent felt like playing starcraft. Lets see how long this lasts.

Hewllo,
The way to control an addiction is to keep playing until your becoming bored of it... Novelties soon wear off... I also recommend maybe re training yourself to do ordinary things... I love final fantasy games and been playing LOST ODDESSY. I was up til stupid o clock figuring out things and then eventually thought enough is enough it is time to get off this so i had to force myself to take a weeks break... Also gayspeak is something i can get addicted to because i love helping people and have agreed with myself to take 1 or 2 days off a week to get my reality back but never know which days they are

Kindest regards

Aunty Zeon x

zeon Wrote:Hewllo,
The way to control an addiction is to keep playing until your becoming bored of it... Novelties soon wear off... I also recommend maybe re training yourself to do ordinary things... I love final fantasy games and been playing LOST ODDESSY. I was up til stupid o clock figuring out things and then eventually thought enough is enough it is time to get off this so i had to force myself to take a weeks break... Also gayspeak is something i can get addicted to because i love helping people and have agreed with myself to take 1 or 2 days off a week to get my reality back but never know which days they are

Kindest regards

Aunty Zeon x

U played final fantasy 13 or 13-2?

mrk2010 Wrote:U played final fantasy 13 or 13-2?

Got platinum trophy from both of those :redface: Talk about addiction Rolleyes