Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
going to college
Almac Wrote:Unless you've got GAY printed on your forehead and you put up a collection of nude male photos why would your room mate find out???????Respect
-loose the rents, start your life
-"put up a collection of nude male photos" if you want you should be able, your paying the same tuition as the next who has the straight version on his walls
-be an honest man with the people around you because you now have the choice. People know your whole life and you make new friends based on that. Your bf (should be your most sportive important thing in your life) can visit you and see where you live not where you hide. he dosnt have to hide with you because you lack skills.

Serious
Contact the campus GLBT office
You should be out as the first choice best approach. Don't hide. Usually causes more problems.

pellaz Wrote:-loose the rents, start your life
-"put up a collection of nude male photos" if you want you should be able, your paying the same tuition as the next who has the straight version on his walls
-be an honest man with the people around you because you now have the choice. People know your whole life and you make new friends based on that. Your bf (should be your most sportive important thing in your life) can visit you and see where you live not where you hide. he dosnt have to hide with you because you lack skills.

I'm so sorry but that is such bad advice, why would any young person want extra attention drawn to himself??? He's there to get an education not make a stand for Gay Rights...?

RespectPeepwall

Thank you for all the advice. Ill take everything you guys said into consideration starting with finding out if the school I'm going to has GLBT services. I'm not really sure how open I want to be in college, but currently in high school I am so protective of my sexuality I rarely leave my house. So I'm hoping in college I can find a way to be out, but not to out lol.

Crestfallen Just enjoy your college days and don't worry about those issuing relating to sexuality, I'm sure it will work it self out eventually???

I'd say you don't have to disclose your sexuality to anyone you don't want to, so don't feel pressured. Universities in general are quite liberal, there are individuals from alsorts of backgrounds, colours, creeds and sexualities. Also your university/college probably has their own LGBT society so never feel alone. University is stressful enough without worrying about your sexuality. Trust me I know! Good luck and god speed. :-)