Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have you ever seen or heard a ghost?
I used to believe in all sorts of stuff we cant explain (yet) but if there was such a thing like ghosts then my mate would be appearing round every dark corner scaring the crap out of me for fun but he's never come back and if anyone could it would be him - sadly I no longer believe

not me, but i think my dog sees ghosts of Templars because he stares alot at walls.

I once saw a white phantom standing at the foot of my bed, shortly after my grandmother died. It freaked me out.

We are all ghosts.....

Ghosts are just souls without a body...pretty harmless and actually if they are still hanging out they are either trying to be helpful or got lost and forgot what to do or how to move along....

The scary ghosts are the ones still inside living people....

They can actually hurt you....and worse....

Well, this is not exactly seeing a ghost, - but my dad died when I was 13. My mom was shattered and couldn't move on because she felt there was so much unfinished business. She decided to go to a woman who was supposed to be a medium. I was very skeptical and insisted on going with her. I was afraid she'd get scammed.

There wasn't any hype or seances or anything. She didn't ask questions to ferret out information. Just this lady, talking to us about my dad, his feelings and regrets and stuff. And it was spot on.

I can't explain it. But it was a huge comfort to both of us.

And [MENTION=14580]CellarDweller[/MENTION], I am So there with ou re the ouija board - bad experiences and very bad vibes.

As a non-believer I shouldn't believe in ghosts but I have experienced something inexplicable.

Years ago I was sharing a flat on the top floor of an old Victorian house with my sister and my brother. My brother had the habit of arriving back home late. He would enter the flat, cross the hall and enter the bedroom to leave his coat.

One evening my sister and I were in the kitchen with the door closes and heard the distinct sound of the front door opening, footsteps crossing the hall, and the bedroom door opening. Initially we didn't take any notice but when my brother didn't appear, I went to the bedroom. There was no one.

A neighbour in another flat was convinced that the house was haunted and said she had on occasions, seen the figure of a young man in a blue shirt going up the stairs.

I'm completely unable to explain what occured that evening.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

As a non-believer I shouldn't believe in ghosts but I have experienced something inexplicable.

Years ago I was sharing a flat on the top floor of an old Victorian house with my sister and my brother. My brother had the habit of arriving back home late. He would enter the flat, cross the hall and enter the bedroom to leave his coat.

One evening my sister and I were in the kitchen with the door closed and heard the distinct sound of the front door opening, footsteps crossing the hall, and the bedroom door opening. Initially we didn't take any notice but when my brother didn't appear, I went to the bedroom. There was no one.

A neighbour in another flat was convinced that the house was haunted and said she had on occasions, seen the figure of a young man in a blue shirt going up the stairs.

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:As a non-believer I shouldn't believe in ghosts but I have experienced something inexplicable.

One evening my sister and I were in the kitchen with the door closed and heard the distinct sound of the front door opening, footsteps crossing the hall, and the bedroom door opening. Initially we didn't take any notice but when my brother didn't appear, I went to the bedroom. There was no one.

That's interesting because when I was younger I experienced something similar. We lived in an oldish house and I was in my bedroom opposite the top of the stairs. I clearly heard someone come up the stairs and go into my parent's bedroom. After about a minute I realised something was odd because they didn't make any more noise of moving about. I went in their room and no-one was there; I went downstairs and both my parents were sat down. I asked who had been upstairs and they said no-one... It was very very strange because it wasn't like I could relate it to a sound from something else, it was definitely the sound of someone coming up the stairs. Weird.

I also went to a psychic evening this year as my friend who was meant to go had a ticket but had to cancel so they gave it to me. I was sceptical but kept an open mind at the same time. The table I was on had three readings. One psychic was completely off about most people on the table, another said things about me that I can't explain - not things that could be easily guessed - and another had a mother and daughter in tears with the names he was reading out and connections and messages he produced. I don't know, there's probably some logical explanation somewhere (I've seen enough clever financial fraud in my career to realise how crafty people can be) but it was still very, very provoking.

Only 2 reasons I wouldn't want to know about ghosts:

1. Watching me at night, appearing, being spooky and unsettling. During the day is okay. But NOT at night. tbh.

2. I wouldn't want to masturbate tbh.

But yeah. One time everything in my house was thrown around like a tornado had gone through. But nobody seemed to have broken in.

LONDONER Wrote:As a non-believer I shouldn't believe in ghosts but I have experienced something inexplicable.

One evening my sister and I were in the kitchen with the door closes and heard the distinct sound of the front door opening, footsteps crossing the hall, and the bedroom door opening. Initially we didn't take any notice but when my brother didn't appear, I went to the bedroom. There was no one.

[/FONT]

'Completely unable'? I don't think so. It's actually very simple. What you heard initially was a sound that closely resembled front door opening. Since you associate foot steps and bedroom door sound with that front door sound at that time of day, your brain just filled in the blanks. Not that likely, but it can happen, and it is a lot more likely than some ''ghost'' entity being responsible for the sounds.

Your brain fills in the blanks. You expected your brother, and you heard your brother. Most of these so-called paranormal things are actually neurological events.
''Do I look civilized to you?''