Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello
hello my name is joseph
how are you.i am 23 i live in england. i am gay man and i am looking fro help on this website. i go to collage an i like dancing and cooking and shopping
thank you good bye

joseph Wrote:hello my name is joseph
how are you.i am 23 i live in england. i am gay man and i am looking fro help on this website. i go to collage an i like dancing and cooking and shopping
thank you good bye

Hello Joseph and welcome... What kind of help are you looking for from this website and especially from the members?
PA

So Joseph writes this in a private message urging him to state his problem or circumstances:
"hello thank you for the message.
i wanting help about what you do if you are gay becase i am gay and no one nows and i cant tell them incase them say you are not aloed or no you are not or get cross.so i come on here so i can get help about what to do. and also meet other peppel. i hope it is ok
my friend found this website
thank you
joseph"

princealbertofb Wrote:So Joseph writes this in a private message urging him to state his problem or circumstances:
i wanting help about what you do if you are gay becase i am gay and no one nows and i cant tell them incase them say you are not aloed or no you are not or get cross.so i come on here so i can get help about what to do. and also meet other peppel. i hope it is ok
thank you
joseph"

My answer to that, Joseph, would be that you don't need to tell EVERYONE about you being gay. First, you need to form a circle of friends who are likely to accept this fact about you. Girls are often good allies. Sometimes your brothers and sisters, or your mum... Are you afraid of telling particular people around you, like your parents and brothers and sisters, maybe? Do you want your mates from college to know? Which ones? Why is it important that they should know.
Secondly you talk about being afraid of it not being allowed. Well, in the UK, it is not only allowed, it is even now protected, after many years of gays being bullied and repressed, it's not the case anymore. So yes, you are allowed to be gay, but then it also depends on which community you come from and how it is accepted by that community and its religious beliefs or social beliefs.
Can you give us a few more details about your fears of coming out? And if there are any specific people that you would like to tell but don't dare to?

princealbertofb Wrote:So Joseph writes this in a private message urging him to state his problem or circumstances:
thank you
joseph"

Hi joseph. I am a joseph too (middle name) so you must be a great guy Remybussi

Coming out is a very tricky endeavor. Being at Uni will give you a chance to meet like minded people - I hope. That is when I came out - oddly enough some didnt accept it??? It can be a very long struggle and as you become more comfortable with your sexuality you can be more open to more people.

Also sexuality is NOT the only thing that defines you. You are a whole being. It seems to me that most people accept me as a person and dont really bother with the gay thing for the most part.

Hope I am making some sense Bouncer

p.s. Welcome to the site. Hope you stay around and make some great friends.

Hi Joseph,

Welcome to the site!

Welcome aboard Joseph!

hello thank you everyone for the welcome.
i was bit worred about telling becase them might say you cant be or if they get cross. i wonted to tell my family and my support worker so they can help me an just so my family now.
i am happy becuas i get some help now here
thank you everone
joseph

Hey Joseph and welcome to GS! Welcome

Hey babe, welcome to Gayspeak xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!