Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi
princealbertofb Wrote:Funny, Marshlander, I also immediately had that song trotting through my head... lol. Was it the Willy DeVille version you had in mind? I bet not. You were probably thinking of Jimi Hendrix's version. Willy DeVille who sadly died last year...
Naturally The Jimi Hendrix Experience came to mind - what a stunning debut single, but I also think of The Leaves version too when this song goes through my mind. That bass line was a pretty standard audition piece for any aspiring bass player when I were a lad Wink

And thank you for introducing me to the Robert Plant version, which I've not come across before (oh dear, naughty thoughts, the words Robert, Plant and coming in the same sentence take me back to my adolescence :redfaceSmile. I love, love, love it. My congratulations to the sound engineer for getting the tehardant to sound so clear in the mix without feeding back.

Hello friend,Xyxwave welcome to the forum, Ben.

princealbertofb Wrote:This is so interesting: Tim Rose explains the origin of the song and of Jimi Hendrix's first UK hit.

Yes, I saw this on "Later" when it was broadcast. I was disappointed. Tim Rose appeared to be lost in showbiz. I much preferred the folk-rock of earlier years. Now you've reminded me of his music I'm going to look out one of my favourites, which also happens to be one of his more depressing songs, to post ... it always reduced me to tears when I was younger. I daresay it will seem merely melodramatic these days :biggrin:

in answering the questions i can remember i am bi and i do prefer females of close to my own age but i wont fight myself if i want a guy.

Hi joet. Welcome back to your thread Wink