Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how many of you hate Chinese people?
Keith Wrote:would you like to have a Chinese partner in the future?

I'd like to have you, shame we live more than 7400 miles apart :professional-flirt-

I don't hate them but, even if I did, I wouldn't admit to it.

axle2152 Wrote:I don't hate any particular group of people. I do judge people and I try to base that on character.

As far as partners go I'm open to pretty much anything, I find attractive people in most all ethnic backgrounds. The only hang up I have are black people, no I'm not racist at all but I am a bit more nervous around them and that's mostly because growing up I never was around hardly and black people...and the one I did know in grade school tried to get me in trouble by twisting my words around about something with race...I don't remember what it was exactly. Then moving down to the south there were 2 black students out of a class of about 90... That and I don't find black people to be sexually attractive, sorry can't help that. It's nothing personal, just how I'm wired I guess.
But you're not racist. Rolleyes

I disagree. I think you are. You just haven't owned it yet. You may very well not INTEND to be or WANT to be... but your predisposition toward black people is prejudicial. Is it not?

its all beautiful. peace to you all.

I don't care what color your skin is, or what nationality you are. My only requirement is that you have a closet full of chains, whips, hand-cuffs, leather underwear,,, and,,, your refrigerator is full of ice cold beer!!!....

Just kidding!!

I've never really thought about my preferences (prejudices) because I was always interested in a persons personality. If your argumentative, constantly grumpy, enjoy deprecating others, or generally in a foul mood - then I'm not going to play in your sand-box....

Purple People Eater,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

MikeW Wrote:But you're not racist. Rolleyes

I disagree. I think you are. You just haven't owned it yet. You may very well not INTEND to be or WANT to be... but your predisposition toward black people is prejudicial. Is it not?

It could be, doesn't really make someone racist... Now I blame that on my parents, mostly my dad, of course they lived through the civil rights era and had to deal with riots in the street and my mom a lot of violence against her. So some of that was probably inadvertently taught to me, I mean I know better than to think like my parents, but it is still in my mind. Plus how the media portrays blacks doesn't help either. I know that 99% of the black people I have and will encounter are probably perfectly normal upstanding citizens. The black guys I went to school with, went to college and were very nice well mannered and I felt fairly comfortable around them, but I also knew them.

This guy would make me nervous...
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

This guy probably not...
[Image: 4320105-Confident-smiling-African-Americ...-Photo.jpg]

Those are both extremes...the 2nd is a stock photo.

I might be nervous in some situations but I don't buy that I'm racist....
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:I don't hate any particular group of people. I do judge people and I try to base that on character.

As far as partners go I'm open to pretty much anything, I find attractive people in most all ethnic backgrounds. The only hang up I have are black people, no I'm not racist at all but I am a bit more nervous around them and that's mostly because growing up I never was around hardly and black people...and the one I did know in grade school tried to get me in trouble by twisting my words around about something with race...I don't remember what it was exactly. Then moving down to the south there were 2 black students out of a class of about 90... That and I don't find black people to be sexually attractive, sorry can't help that. It's nothing personal, just how I'm wired I guess.

You say you judge people on character. Yet you are nervous around black people. Why? Because they're skin colour is different? They're just the same people as all other ethnicities.

I couldn't let this slide, sorry. I've grown up in a place with very few black people too, yet I am not any more intimidated by them than anyone else. Because I judge people based on character. Which is what I thought you said you did?

i have nothing against the Chinese people. i admire Chinese history (up until the Communist rule). China has one of the most humane and natural histories when it comes to human relations. homosexuality was thought to be a normal expression of human love (which it is) for more than 2000 years in documented history from 500 BCE till the fall of the Ming dynasty in 1644. that time boasts examples of men living together with their male lovers just like heterosexual couples did. and the Chinese society found it as natural as it indeed is.

i absolutely admire the Chinese for this. the European contact with that world ruined a lot of natural beauty there.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Cridders88 Wrote:You say you judge people on character. Yet you are nervous around black people. Why? Because they're skin colour is different? They're just the same people as all other ethnicities.

I couldn't let this slide, sorry. I've grown up in a place with very few black people too, yet I am not any more intimidated by them than anyone else. Because I judge people based on character. Which is what I thought you said you did?

When I was young my parents lived through the civil rights era. They seldom had anything good to say about black people and told us the stories about the riots. My mom was beat up by black students without cause. So they didn't preach tolerance and equality.

I think it is funny that I'm being called racist because I feel nervous around some black people. I've never been mean or unfair to anyone for the color of their skin. I can't explain why, just as I can't explain why I get nervous giving a presentation in front of 500 people.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

This went pretty much exactly where I expected it would go.