Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i have a confession
warning wall o text

I have a confession. I’m not gay. To many this would come as no surprise or no intrigue but to me it is a scary realization. I have lived my life since I was 11 believing I was bisexual. This is not me saying how I've found the light of god or how I was turned straight or any of that bullshit. This is me telling you of a confused little child trapped in an abusive relationship at a very young age. That child is most obviously me. I knew him as my sister’s friend at first, two years my senior, and every now and then when I wasn’t being an annoying little pest to them they would let me play on the Sega with them and we had lots of fun. I was probably around 8 at the time. After awhile we even began to play during recess at school. One day we were walking around the field and we noticed a single tree against a fence that if under would completely hide you from view even if someone was right in front of it, which nobody ever was. This tall broad pine tree was way out in the field that nobody ever came that way; it was even hard to hear the school bell when it rang. We decided in our childish way to go and hide under it in the way that children find so enjoyable. This spot became “our spot” nobody could touch us here, nothing could hurt us here; except each other. By this time I think I had reached my ninth birthday, everyone had come to recognize that this person and I now held the status of friends. One time when we went under the tree maybe sometime in late may, there was no snow and it was quite warm, he decided, as most children do at his age, to experiment with these amazing little appendages we have called penises. This experimenting carried on for the better part of a year. At first it started with things as small as he would touch mine he’d get me to touch his and “sword fights”. It kept escalating from there until he had the bright idea that when we got an erection it would fit most conveniently into the other persons anus. I didn’t really like the idea but as he was older I respected him and did what he told me to do. At first he tried to be “top” but I told him it hurt so that he would stop because I still wasn’t comfortable with the idea. This of course meant we had to try with me on top. And well all I can say is it felt good. Yes. I had my first sexual experience resulting in penetration at maybe about 10 years of age. From this point on I always jumped at the chance to go behind the tree. All I could think of at that age was how good it felt. I didn’t know anything about liking boys or girls I just wanted my fix. It’s funny in a dry sort of way. I was a sex addict at age 10. After awhile of this he was able to convince me to be bottom on punishment of me not getting top for awhile if I didn’t. It hurt for the first few times but I got used to it and even began to like it. It was at about age 11 that I learned about homosexuals and heterosexuals and what they mean. At the age I was I automatically placed myself in the homosexual category as the basic idea I got behind it was that homosexuals are men who have sex with other men. It was at this point that that the other boy and I were fast deteriorating as friends. He was hanging out with my sister more and what’s more he was very abusive. He continually hit me and he at various points choke-slammed me. But I still kept going back to him. Not for him but for the sex. I deluded myself into thinking I liked him because that’s what I had been told was what gay men did and that it was not only about the sex. I was a fool, an idiot, a child. By this time I was obviously very fearful of him and even if I tried to break my addiction to sex the addiction was both ways and we were each other’s only way to get a fix. If I tried to stop he hit me. Even after my parents banned him from the house after seeing the marks from his abuse on my body we both snuck out to see each other just so we could have sex. And he still hit me. And of course because the marks still kept showing up my parents thought that maybe someone else was doing the abuse and that I had lied so they let him back to our house. And so the system of abuse continued. When I was about 14 I was finally liberated. The boy I once called a friend was killed in a car accident. I refused to go to his funeral. And though the abuser was gone the delusion was still there. I thought that because I like having sex with guys that made me gay. And I knew by this time that I had an interest in girls, so a new word was added to my vocabulary, bisexual. I later on started going out with people girls and guys, guys discreetly. I kept deluding myself in thinking that I liked guys. I learned how to appreciate the male body, and even as I now realize I am a straight male I can still appreciate the male figure. I learned many of the mannerisms and characteristics of homosexual males. I have been told I'm a very empathetic person though I’m not to sure whether or not that is a result of who I am naturally or who I deluded myself into thinking I was. And I am easily capable of sex with a male. I’ve had a fair few same-sex partners and I’ve always felt lust though it was never lust for them, it was simply lust for an orgasm. I can honestly say that because of my delusion that I was bisexual I have gone through many of the difficulties that plague our homosexual youth. I have been beaten, I have been threatened, and I have been otherwise persecuted all because I believed I was bisexual. I even went through a phase of coming to terms with myself being bi. I have stood up and fought for gay right in my community I have done public speeches on how to help homosexual youths and I have helped many homosexual people come to terms with themselves and if they told their parents and got kicked out or disowned I gave them my bed to sleep in and I helped them find jobs so they could get back on their feet. And yet even after all that I found no inkling of satisfaction of being with a man other than sexual. I then met the person I’ve been with for 5 years now, a girl. I feel satisfaction, sexually, mentally, and spiritually. I’m not stating that I’m not gay simply because I’m in love with a girl but because even before I fell in love with her, even before I met her, I felt something with girls I never felt with guys. Now that I’ve been with the love of my life for some time now I decided to look into my past and I’ve realized I never liked the guys I was with. I was there for the body not the mind, and not even the whole body I was there for the parts between the thighs and the waist. And yet I was deluding myself into thinking that I did feel something. I was for the better part of my life an imposter, so skilled I fooled myself. Now I ask you of the LGBT community, can you forgive me?

If you have any replies or hate mail, send it to [email protected] I will read everything though I might not reply to it

Wow thats some paragraph!

I dont think you need to be judged for growing up and finding your way. We all have to learn and we all do it in different ways. Your happy now and you havent hurt but helped many people. Live your life now with your partner and be happy.

crushedmug Wrote:And yet I was deluding myself into thinking that I did feel something. I was for the better part of my life an imposter, so skilled I fooled myself. Now I ask you of the LGBT community, can you forgive me?

I agree with albabonzai. It sounds like you did a lot of good on the way.

It took me 20 years to figure out I was gay. One of the things I was most anxious of when I came out was that people would think unkindly of me. I felt I was a fraud all those years. Even almost got married!

I think the question really is, can you forgive yourself? I thing that is the hard part. I'm still having a little trouble with that myself, but I'm getting there. I deluded myself for 20 years. I felt angry with myself to begin with. As my life is now almost pretty much turned around now and heading, finally, in the right direction I'm now feeling pretty good about myself and my life.

Hopefully, you can forgive yourself. I certainly don't wish you any ill will.

Good luck for the future. I hope things go well for you.

First let me just say that what happened to you as a child was abuse and nothing that you did (or even could have done) makes it your fault. Most of us have experience of growing up automatically thinking that we are straight, fooling ourselves or living life as an imposter. So not to forgive you for the same would be unfair. Unfortunately, plenty of, genuinely, gay guys have been with guys just for their bodies, and even more straight guys been with girls just for their bodies. You have, also, stood in public solidarity with us. I cannot speak for anyone but myself but I do not see anything I need to forgive you for.

Take Care

Fred

P.S. Paragraphs are not one of those things we were all taught for no reason Wink

P.P.S. I am glad you have found someone to love.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Quote:I have stood up and fought for gay right in my community I have done public speeches on how to help homosexual youths and I have helped many homosexual people come to terms with themselves and if they told their parents and got kicked out or disowned I gave them my bed to sleep in and I helped them find jobs so they could get back on their feet.

Look we should thank you. And we should ask forgiveness us because of him you thought you were gay.

What's to forgive? Love yourself, love your partner, be happy.

Best wishes.

I don't feel that you have anything to be forgiven for, except maybe to forgive yourself for deluding yourself all these years. I'm just wondering, does your current wonderful partner know all about this too?
Human sexuality and psychology is so diverse that you could have loved anyone, presumably, who'd had respect for you, same sex or opposite sex.

Your strange life experience taught you to appreciate, to a certain extent, another male body, but the torture of being ill treated and beaten has done nothing for your self esteem. I believe you really have to forgive yourself for letting this happen for so long. Maybe a conversation with a counsellor might help alleviate the pain of all this self guilt? Or maybe you have found your salvation in your new partner, if she understands you and has felt sympathetic to all the difficult times you've been through. In many ways your story sounds like the relationship of a drug addict to his dealer.

That is of course an amazing story. I agree with the others, you have nothing to be forgiven for. Sexual activity among children will not foretell what they prefer to do as adults. It's probably one of the reasons parents always discourage such activity if they find out.

But really it is very natural in all of its various forms, with different partners of any gender. My first orgasm at age 13 was me rubbing against the belly of my best friend Robby while spending the night one summer. Suddenly I stopped, sat up, and KAPOWWW!!!! It was a surprise, and I thought I had broken something. He was fascinated by it. Last time I saw him was when he was home from college and I was a groomsman in his wedding.

We all have lots of innocent activity as children. But it seems that yours helped you become the sensitive straight man you are now.

It is all good, friend.

wow... thank you guys. im not sure why but for some reason i thought there would be more negative responses. i guess in some messed up way i figured since i got so many bad responses from frends and family when i came out as bi that i would wen i came out straight. (if that makes any sense at all)

Thank you for posting your story . I found it very interesting to read . It touched a raw nerve for me in the sense that I work with abused children as a fostercarer , and what it appears is infact that this boy you were with at 10 yrs old was most likely acting out what has happened to him , probably by an adult . This seems far more complex than just children exploring sex and their bodies etc .Children who are abused often act out sexualised behaviour and mirror what has happened to them often in an adult way that is out of context with what you would normally expect for that age. What made think more along these lines is that the boy later became aggressive towards you , using it as a means to gain control and power over you .
many child abuse victims ( or suvivors if you want to call it that) can actually form a close bond with their abuser and enjoy and fantisize about the abuse later in life . There are many organisations who can support victims of child abuse should you feel the need for support .