Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPod coverflow
I just saw a video of 5G iPod demonstrating its coverflow feature on Youtube.I also have a 5G iPod video but mine doesn't this feature.Is the feature embedded in update that I don't know about?

It might be a new version or a hack. Sorry I dont even know what you mean by coverflow...

Getting a iPod Touch very soon. Cant wait to see if it does as advertised...

If they advertise it, those things had better do what they say, or else they'll have too many customers complaining and returning the bloody objects. Lol.

I dont understand coverflow? More specific? :eek:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

LOL!Coverflow is this very cool feature where the CD covers of your music are displayed using the fullscreen.So when you look for a CD,you "browse" through the different CDs as they "flow".It's really visually appealing.So far you can only do it on your PC & now the Touch.

Yeah, I can do that on my Touch. It really doesnt do anything for me as I would rather just be more logical about it all and find a track on a list - maybe because most of my stuff is downloaded and I dont have the cover for most so I am just looking at boring icons...

The Touch is really cool on how you can play with your photos. You can flip thru them then enlarge them and move them around. Very nice feature.

I imagine it is on the new Apple Air and latest MacBook Pro as those notebooks have Touch sensitive trackpads.

I hate it when a CD doesn't have a cover and I end up physically adding it myself.The iPod touch looks very cool but the problem here in SA is that it only comes in 8GB which is atrocious compared to my current 30GB iVideo.

I love cover flow! omggg! My CDs need to have covers or they don't get added!

Anyway, I'm on a Mac laptop and I know this is different for people who have Windows, but once you connect your iPod to your laptop/PC it should prompt you to update. Alternatively, you can open up your iTunes and go to the new tab created for your iPod and it should say 'search for updates'. I'm not sure if this will work because when I click it, it finds updates for my WHOLE Mac too.

Update what exactly Hyde?Your iPod's software?My machine is XP and the only thing I resent about it is that iTunes starts up automatically when I hook up my iPod to my notebook.Oh,I've also added manual updates so it only asks that I update my iPod firmware only in 30 days intervals.I never warmed up to Mac OS though,it just seems "unnatural"!

Hey Dan, I believe that you should be able to turn off the auto iTunes opening on your iPod features page. I know that on a Mac iTunes it gives you the option to automatically open iTunes when plugging in your iPod...

I actually hate iTunes and am trying alternative apps so that I dont have to mess with iTunes at all. I cant help you with a Windows app but maybe there are alternatives for Windows.

I thought the same when I added OSX from XP but now I really love OSX and find XP un-intuitive now. Another thing that surprised me was that there is a lot of very nice free/shareware for OSX. I thought I was gonna have to spend a fortune on Apple apps but actually havent spent a penny.