Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
like camp man or straight-like man or else
There seems to be a tendency to equate camp with feminine. It may just be me but I don't see it. I've never met a woman gay or straight who I would describe as camp, that said the campest guy I ever met was straight (he really was, not just in denial).

I think it's mostly a gay thing. or we ought to be claiming it as such. It's a world view, an aesthetic, a sense of humour, a whole cluster of things and usually a great source of fun.

As for preference, yes, I love it. My only sadness is how drunk I've got to be before I can exhibit it myself.

but come to think of it, maybe i would prepare a man whose not all very camp...

I've never really been one for labels and stuff... I don't really consider myself campy or not campy, I'm simply who I am, and that is who I would want my future guy to be (as long as he's a top, lol). People would most likely consider me leaning more toward campy.

i wonder if all campy gays are bottoms....

I'm always immediately attracted to non-camp guys but it definitely depends on the person

I prefer people to be themselves and if that means they are camp then so be it. I have been attracted to people that may be considered camp but it wasn't because they were camp it was because they were nice. Maybe I'm confusing nice with camp a bit.

I'm not attracted to Feminine guys. Have plenty of fem friends......Love them all. I'm in no way attracted to them...actually it's a bit of a turn off.

Mick

For me it really depends on the guy, but I am not generally attracted to anyone who is WAY over the top (be it camp or butch). I am not particullary femine but I do camp it up sometimes for laughs and I expect that anyone I am with would probably do so too. By the same token, I am not SUPER butch either, however I do have my moments lolz. All in all, I am just into regular guys (who happen to be nice, funny, smart and sexy :biggrinSmile.

Yosuke Wrote:Personally I prefer a guy that doenst really act either too masculine or too feminine. I hesitate to say 'normal' for obvious reasons, but I do prefer guys that are more mellow.
I prefer the same and feel I am pretty average, when it comes to guys I'd be friends with or date. I think I pass for pretty normal, though know more about chick flicks and soaps than I do sports or cars :p I don't think most people could tell I was gay on one meeting, though over time they might see some thigns to suspect

However when it comes to primal attraction, definitely prefer masculine. Wink

I don't think I have a specific type, although, back-tracking on that thought, I do tend to gravitate towards guys like myself, just regular middle of the road folks with no pretensions, in tune with their surroundings and especially NO arrogance about them. So, just to contradict myself, I guess I do have a type afterall! Confusedmile:
Whether they are more masculine or effeminate hasn't really entered the picture, if they can tick the above boxes then its a good start. Bonus points awarded if you enjoy reading though :biggrin:Wink