Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
omg. Thank God there wasn't a cigarette lying here....
when i was a kid, in 6th grade till the 9th grade, my mom had a boyfriend who smoked in the house. it was awful. the cigarette smoke was in my bedroom at night when i wanted to sleep. i really hated it. maybe that's why i never smoked. i developed this early strong aversion to it as a kid. i was damn glad when my mom finally broke up with that guy.

and a couple of years after high school graduation our neighbors fell asleep with a lit cigarette and my childhood house burned down as a result of that. so...make sure you never light it up when you're sleepy/tired. i've seen it take down a house in an hour.

meridannight Wrote:when i was a kid, in 6th grade till the 9th grade, my mom had a boyfriend who smoked in the house. it was awful. the cigarette smoke was in my bedroom at night when i wanted to sleep. i really hated it. maybe that's why i never smoked. i developed this early strong aversion to it as a kid. i was damn glad when my mom finally broke up with that guy.

and a couple of years after high school graduation our neighbors fell asleep with a lit cigarette and my childhood house burned down as a result of that. so...make sure you never light it up when you're sleepy/tired. i've seen it take down a house in an hour.

I remember when I was wee, I used to play with my mother's cigarette smoke (e.g. make shapes with it. I also used to drink her cold coffee.) But then, when I was 16, she started making these disgusting coughing sounds and I started to really resent her. I also got really angry at her for drinking. I though she was an alcoholic for a while, but now I realise that I was being stupid. She's nearly 59 now, so she's almost beaten smoking. I dread the prospect of her getting sick. I hope she doesn't die young When I go home and hear her coughing, I get infuriated.

I get an intense craving sometimes still...and I tell myself consciously that it will pass quickly....and it does...and then I forget about it....

I will sometimes have one hit of marijuana...never more than one...and I don't get a craving ever for a cigarette ...I had expected that I would.

The one thing I missed more than anything else when I quit was having a smoke at work, stepping out the back door of the building with smokers social club.

I smoked from the time I was 14 until I was 58. There were some periods here and there where I stopped.
That first cigarette seems great, after that one is always trying to recapture that taste, that feeling, but it is elusive. We smoke more searching for the satisfaction of the first one and never find it. I have experienced this a few times.
I quit four years ago, I will never go back to it. I have had a few thoughts, but no serious cravings. Still, I wouldn't trust myself alone with a pack of smokes.