Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
personne très très spéciale
Smurlos Wrote:Haha t'is indeed! I could just imagine PoA at the stove in his lil pinnafore baking cakes running around with the feather duster etc etc :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yes google translator is not always a reliable medium for conveying a message accurately into another language hehe (i sooo didn't find that out the hard way at a younger age... *halo*)
My mistake, then, but be careful you don't invoke the wrath of some of our women friends here with your evocation of femininity Wink

For information, Albert has a very butch, blue and white striped butcher's apron along with a rather fetching made to measure Mondrian print three-quarter length apron made by a family friend. In fact she knocked up an apron for each of us in about half an hour when we went to vist her one afternoon. He chose the Mondrian and I went for a cotton print altogether more swirly Rolleyes

Of the two of us I'm the one who gets more wear out of the aprons, but he's the better baker. I just stick to bread, he makes the chocolate cakes and scones. And as for feather dusters ... Wink

Laugh glad you left that one there...

So German has gender-based nouns?That would be very strange indeed.I think I got enrolled to a Chinese class,am not sure though.I'm sorry marshy but when you mentioned how you two cook,I just remembered a cooking show called "Two Fat Ladies".Do you guys cook together?

Oh,sorry,I meant gender-based verbs.Did you hear that Smurlos? *cue Mario "1 Up" sound" Wink

Dan1089 Wrote:... I'm sorry marshy but when you mentioned how you two cook,I just remembered a cooking show called "Two Fat Ladies".Do you guys cook together?
Two Fat Ladies indeed!!!!! Harumphhhh :mad:

... and yes we do, specially if we have guests on the horizon. I'm very happy to let Albert take the lead and be the chef. so I'll prepare vegetables and wash up unless we're working on a recipe he considers to be one of "mine", in which case he becomes the sous-chef. However, if I'm busy, Albert cooks and it has been known the other way round. If something new turns out really well it becomes "one for the restaurant" ie the vegetarian restaurant we are never going to open in Madrid :eek:

Albert has also pioneered a new kind of party where we invite people round and then see how many people we can fit into the kitchen to make the meal together. That can be a lot of fun and drives our difficult downstairs neighbour to apoplexy ... scores highly on all fronts then Rolleyes

Laugh you do make me laugh

Haha Dan, nah not gender based verbs. Gender based nouns and adjectives indeed, but he said "meine wunderbare Princealbertofb" which is feminine, so you would assume that the 'noun' "Princealbertofb" would then be feminine... but as far as we all know, isn't Wink Which is what made it quite amusing hehe.

Smurlos Wrote:Laugh you do make me laugh

Haha Dan, nah not gender based verbs. Gender based nouns and adjectives indeed, but he said "meine wunderbare Princealbertofb" which is feminine, so you would assume that the 'noun' "Princealbertofb" would then be feminine... but as far as we all know, isn't Wink Which is what made it quite amusing hehe.

Oh, I can be quite feminine, at times... lol... scratch, spit, tear other people's hair out... kick my high heels... hehehe.Roflmao

Smurlos Wrote:Haha t'is indeed! I could just imagine PoA at the stove in his lil pinnafore baking cakes running around with the feather duster etc etc :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yes google translator is not always a reliable medium for conveying a message accurately into another language hehe (i sooo didn't find that out the hard way at a younger age... *halo*)
yeah, wearing the pinnafore but with little else underneath... so that my powerful man might get a nice ogling view... as I baked his favourite cake...
feather duster indeed... silly boy!Confusedmile:

marshlander Wrote:Two Fat Ladies indeed!!!!! Harumphhhh :mad:

... and yes we do, specially if we have guests on the horizon. I'm very happy to let Albert take the lead and be the chef. so I'll prepare vegetables and wash up unless we're working on a recipe he considers to be one of "mine", in which case he becomes the sous-chef. However, if I'm busy, Albert cooks and it has been known the other way round. If something new turns out really well it becomes "one for the restaurant" ie the vegetarian restaurant we are never going to open in Madrid :eek:

Albert has also pioneered a new kind of party where we invite people round and then see how many people we can fit into the kitchen to make the meal together. That can be a lot of fun and drives our difficult downstairs neighbour to apoplexy ... scores highly on all fronts then Rolleyes

I had a great giggle (inside my head so as not to wake up the apoplectic neighbour) at reading this description which just about fits how we do things together... Yes, we cook a great meal and some day you might all crowd into our Madrid restaurant to sample the delicacies and see the show...Wink

It's so lovely that you two still have dreams and aspirations.My only dream is to conquer the corporate ladder,not as romantic as you guys.