Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pressure & working
fjp999 Wrote:[COLOR="Purple"]It seems to be much easier to work for someone else if you are able to just keep your conscious at the office door. If you really care about the work you do there and are not in a position to have it your way even after letting all know that you are dissatisfied... then ya either gotta just let it go, leave your work at the door... or leave the company. It isnt worth it tearing yourself up if management doesnt care.
[/COLOR]

Everyone is scared of the people above them, so you cannot say anything to them well thats what they say I've never had the oppertunity to say fuck off your screwing up my work!

Plus their really taking the piss with my pay, the amout of work I do I should have a 4k raise at my review!
And their continously putting it off and they expect me to rush my work!!
Its so fucking annoying, and even if I do get a pay review they will say some kind of bollocks like we dont have the money, even though I know the amount of sales they make and their fucking raking it in!

I would go as far as saying I do the more if not a lot more than a few others, and they have a higher pay than me, I can see them bringing up the fact i suck on the phone but if they do I would happily throw it in their faces saying twice I was in a phone conference not knowing what the fuck i was doing that really pissed me off not knowing what I was doing while being called into a phone meeting.

Other than all that I don't mind the job good people & good sites, but what I've said is substantial.

[COLOR="Purple"]The first job I had after 4+ years of uni was assistant manager of a video store. I got the job thru some federal job search program so the store paid half my salary and the gov the other half. I think it was minimum wage of like $3.50/hour before taxes.

The owners were two gay South Americans. I introduced programs into the memberships that brought in a 300% increase in biz in 6 months.

I asked for a raise and they offered $0.10 and actually asked if it was too much :redface: I immediately quit and walked off the site.

I left for Japan within the month. Best thing those fuckers ever did for me Wavey [/COLOR]

I am still earning a large amount of money compared to peers my age & certain family members I'm earning twice as much as them, but the job I'm in I should be earning more for the sheer amount of work I do in the field when compared to others in the field!

I really do like the layed back way I am able to work, you wouldn't get it anywhere else!
But when they start applying the pressure of something they haven't told me to do it fucks me right off.
But it really is nice when I can just work, we have no paperwork to do all that happens is someone says I want this done and I'll do it and just tell them when its done, other places you'd have to do a lot of paperwork.

Would love to quit and go japan but I like the security I have in the job and if I dont get a raise within a year of working their I will see Japan!Luxhello

fjp999 Wrote:[COLOR="Purple"]The first job I had after 4+ years of uni was assistant manager of a video store. I got the job thru some federal job search program so the store paid half my salary and the gov the other half. I think it was minimum wage of like $3.50/hour before taxes.

The owners were two gay South Americans. I introduced programs into the memberships that brought in a 300% increase in biz in 6 months.

I asked for a raise and they offered $0.10 and actually asked if it was too much :redface: I immediately quit and walked off the site.

I left for Japan within the month. Best thing those fuckers ever did for me Wavey [/COLOR]

CardShark Wrote:I am still earning a large amount of money compared to peers my age & certain family members I'm earning twice as much as them, but the job I'm in I should be earning more for the sheer amount of work I do in the field when compared to others in the field!

I really do like the layed back way I am able to work, you wouldn't get it anywhere else!
But when they start applying the pressure of something they haven't told me to do it fucks me right off.
But it really is nice when I can just work, we have no paperwork to do all that happens is someone says I want this done and I'll do it and just tell them when its done, other places you'd have to do a lot of paperwork.

Would love to quit and go japan but I like the security I have in the job and if I dont get a raise within a year of working their I will see Japan!Luxhello

Welcome to the world of work. Everyone who's a decent worker will work twice as hard as everyone around them and not get paid enough or any recognition. Heck, i work in retail, so i know about being underpaid. But still, it's part of having a job, being able to hate that job and love it at the same time.

If you feel starting your own business is the way forward, then go for it.

All the best, hope the transition goes swimmingly and you get what you want from the venture.

My boss said I shall be getting a raise at my review! Luxhello
Once my family know they will be pissed at me Roflmao.

Still going for the business, need to figure out how to spread the word though.

Congrats, Card Xyxthumbs

I can feel the pressure rising and its not just the job thats demanding,I am too.I doubt that I've had more than 10 hours of sleep this week,I honestly dont know how my body does it.Anyhow I'm bringing work home again tonight but its OK,I actually enjoy it,at times!The most pressure is exerted by myself,I have to be the best,the most well versed,the best presenter etc,its standards that I set for myself,anything less and I'll be a normal employee.