Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
putting things in perspective
just had a jolt that put things in perspective while watching Americas got talent on youtube of all things. the vid im posting is a guy of 20 who was kicked out by his parents on his 18th birthday for ben gay - listen to the judges comment but most of all his amazing voice - im going to church sunday to be a godparent to my friends little girl which is a real honour for me...between my post and the christening makes the unfortunate bickering here on GS lately very trivial in my life and I should learn not to care as much about the little things

does anyone else have a story that put things into perspective, and made them think that the little things aren't as important as you first thought

I only found his audition about 10 mins before I posted - lets hope someone signed him up, if he makes money singing at the age of 20 im sure the parents will show up again in his life, though they don't deserve him for kicking him out at such a young age

Yes, Matty, when my brother died of AIDS it put just about everything in perspective... It was a hard blow, but now it's just easier to try to remain cool.

matty7 Wrote:I only found his audition about 10 mins before I posted - lets hope someone signed him up, if he makes money singing at the age of 20 im sure the parents will show up again in his life, though they don't deserve him for kicking him out at such a young age

They are not fit to be parents, really... But so many aren't. See my post about SAMUEL and his two dads...

What a lovely warm voice.... such a sad story.... Hope he goes far.
And what a nice supportive jury.... they had good cause, though. Wink

Personally I dislike the whole sob story before they show an audition. It creates bias, which then creates the question; would I have thought the same if I hadn't know his 'story' and didn't hope deep down that he will sing amazingly. Does my brain trick me into thinking he's better that what he actually is?

Don't get me wrong, I feel for him, and in most cases the performers are actually really talented. I'd just rather judge them myself with unbiased ears and eyes. I also think it's unfair to other performers who may have not so sad story. People can connect with an under dog, and people enjoy it when the under dog triumphs.

I don't know what changed my perspective on things, but it can be difficult to perceive what is important. What is small, big, right wrong? In the end, ignorance truly is bliss, and it may be better to look at the positive side, as the negative will surely devour you.