Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
self checkouts. (rant)
Ok so for quite a while now we,ve had self checkouts in our supermarkets, its pretty simple, you barcode your own stuff (beep, beep) and put it in your bag, i cant believe how many people still cant do it properly, every other day im stuck behind some moron staring at the machine going at 1 mile an hour, taking 5 minutes to scan a bloody sausage roll, they pass it through once and if it doesnt beep a confused look surfaces on there vacant faces, just wave the damn thing in front of it again! Dont stand there looking like a lost sheep (baa, baa_ for goodness sake, go to the regular checkout if you cant do it.

Today it reached a new low, this woman with about 5 kids, sweating & smelly just took the piss, NEXT to the self checkout is a plasic bag dispenser, you pull it out, takes 0.1 seconds and after scanning your item drop it in the bag, NO this imbecil decided not to bother, she just placed it in front of the bag, payed up and spent 5 minutes! Taking each item and bagging it up. just dumb to the point of being mentally unfit.

Hi Tavi,
How does that work? from a "honesty" perspective If you self checkout your goods what's to stop you putting something in the bag that you haven't scanned?

Just courious

The amount of sheer stupidity in supermarkets is unbelievable. I helped out a man once who couldn't open his plastic bag, because he had it upside down. Another guy couldn't hook his plastic basket on the little trolley thing, since he had it the wrong way round. Then people just leave their trollies blocking the aisles.... Ak472

I wonder how these morons actually manage their lives.

Its trully a snapshot of the world we live. Peoples reactions are so slow, theres no speed or fluidity, there just poor stunted slobs who go everywhere in there huge cars

trialbyerror Wrote:Hi Tavi,
How does that work? from a "honesty" perspective If you self checkout your goods what's to stop you putting something in the bag that you haven't scanned?

Just courious

The small platform which holds the bags has a weight indicater on it, the computer recognises the bags too heavy and alarms staff. Simples :-)

So you scan it, the computer recognises the weight

Another problem with that is sometimes, the bag carrier doesnt recognize lighter objects, so the machines telling you need to "place the item down" when its ALREADY down! lol.

Its a lose, lose situation :p

Duck you should be gratefull you dont have them (yet) when you do, everybody is equally useless at them, unfortunatly some people remain useless at them.

Ok thats fine, dont use it though, please please you simply dont have the upstairs capacity for it. Its beyond your comprehension. I figured out all its little flaws within a week. I see people again and again taking FAR too long, its just ridiculous, almost funny.

After 2/3 years in use you,d think people either GET IT or dont.

We have them here, but I have yet to see anyone that brain dead attempting to use one.

Though I have seen one douchebag scan an item, then stand there and stare at the screen for 2 minutes before he scanned the next item, then stared at the screen for 2 minutes......wanted to go buy a gun and shoot the retard.

Its like getting in a drive-thru line at a fast food place. Drive-thru's and self checkouts are made for people WHO KNOW WHAT THEY WANT and want to get it, pay for it, and then get the fuck out.

No, these fucking retards have to sit there at the damn drive-thru menu for 30 fucking goddam minutes before deciding they dont even want anything!!!!

As I have always stated, morons should be shot into space. Or just shot.

The thing that really gets me is not just the stupidity, but the people who do it deliberately just to annoy you. That really makes me see red.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Its like getting in a drive-thru line at a fast food place. Drive-thru's and self checkouts are made for people WHO KNOW WHAT THEY WANT and want to get it, pay for it, and then get the fuck out.

No, these fucking retards have to sit there at the damn drive-thru menu for 30 fucking goddam minutes before deciding they dont even want anything!!!!

As I have always stated, morons should be shot into space. Or just shot.

I see this all the time. Drives me insane. I'm waiting in the drive though of a Taco Bell waiting behind another car contemplating what the fuck are they doing. The menus are really simple, yet they complicate them to the point of being useless.

I can just see them ordering like this- I'll have 4 tacos, one without tomatoes, one without onions, two with extra cheese, one burrito easy on the beans,light on the sour cream no tomatoes, no lettuce,extra cheese and a diet Coke half filled but with extra ice. For the amount of time they take to order, you'd think the fucking Brady Bunch was in the car, and yet when they pick up their order at the window, it's one small bag and a drink????? WTF!!Uzi