Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
self checkouts. (rant)
Sheeesh...

That'll simply kill me :eek:

I eat while I shop... Eating-pie

Pies / coke / bangers & chips whatever, then I pay at the till how am I gonna do that if that get's here????

Mind you, we have unions and they'll go ape-shit.

They once tried self service at garages to bring down the price of fuel at the pumps.

A strike, a couple of fore-court attendants murdered, and that was the end of it.

trialbyerror Wrote:Sheeesh...

That'll simply kill me :eek:

I eat while I shop... Eating-pie

Pies / coke / bangers & chips whatever, then I pay at the till how am I gonna do that if that get's here????

Mind you, we have unions and they'll go ape-shit.

They once tried self service at garages to bring down the price of fuel at the pumps.

A strike, a couple of fore-court attendants murdered, and that was the end of it.

I dont know of any full service gas stations in the USA anymore. Everything is pretty much self serve for fuel nowadays.

I wish they would have more self serve registers in stores, but a lot of places that had self serve checkouts have taken them down. I asked one place why they took them out, and I was told that those self checkout stands are very expensive to maintain, and they breakdown a LOT. It is cheaper to pay a cashier to stand behind a register than it is to service these self serve checkouts.

Ive only recently started seeing self service garage/gas station recently, theres one that I stopped at in my freinds car and said I'd fill up, then nothing came out the damn hose, had to wave my arms at the checkout girl like a mad person, I had to wait so she could flick some damn switch or something, then I cant even remember except it was annoying.

I was accosted by a woman once at a self service petrol station here in France. She said her card wouldn't work, she'd tried all the pumps and they all rejected her card. I said give me the money and I'll buy it for you. I said what kind do you want and she said diesel. Yep, the place was out of diesel, there were the black holsters over the guns.....

Women and cars.

I had a housemate who was the personification of exasperation when it came to those self service check outs.

I insisted that he help me with the shopping as half of it would be his.

Every time and without fail, he would do something to set off the automated voice of the scanner. He would especially remove the bags from the metal pan causing the voice to say "Please return the item to the bag" he couldn't get that right and so the voice would say, "There is a problem with this item, please wait for a member of staff" so we'd then have to wait for an over worked scanning supervisor to give us their attention which of course would mean I would get a lecture about not doing what numb-nuts had just done.

The most infuriating thing about this was that in the presence of the scanning supervisor, he would say "See!" in a sanctimonious tone that implied it was MY fault!

I think that was his way of trying to get out of the shopping. It didn't work!

I think, as someone else has explained already, that the pans you put your shopping on weigh the goods in the bag which correspond to part of the bar code which tells the computer the weight of that item. It's a pretty simple process of Net Weight (The weight of the load), Terr Weight the combined weight of the load and container and Gross Weight the weight of everything combined.

In 2011 a British Celebrity Chef, Anthony Worral-Thompson stole items from Tescos by not passing them over the scanner. It seems the security staff were on to him, had observed him but knowing he was a celebrity and someone who had the ability to harm the reputation of Tesco, they kept him under observation and again observed him selecting an item which he then concealed and left the premises via the point of payment, making no attempt to pay.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...Tesco.html

Naughty, naughty boy!

Oh yeah remembered that lol

Why the f*#!

He's probably loaded.

That's some Wyona Ryder-Esq shit right there

Getting a little buzz stealing cheese & crackers lol

I occasionally like to have fun with the humans at the cash register.

After scanning all my stuff they will say "Would you like a bag with that?"

I look at the several items on the conveyer and say, "No, that's okay, I'll ballance them on my head!"

Check out girl just looks nonplussed!

Here the law requires that we pay for our bags, this is to cut down on pollution, and it has worked.

However, It is standard practice for the checkout dolly to ask if you want a bag or not, as thrifty people like old grannies and me, take our own bags with.

Then of course there are the trollies.

I've just fucken unpacked the damn thing and some ignaramous whips it away, without asking me... Watch me strip all my nuts and threaded rod I need the darn thing to get the 465 items to my bleedin car.

Ok, so now I get the trolly to the door.... Noooooooo that size trolly is not allowed out the store

Well that's where my plot really get's unstuck, now remember no two shops have the same rules, even though they are from the same
supermarket chain

I swear its scripted to drive any reasonable, calm, even tempered man like me round the bleedin twist!

I love self serve checkouts,, so much simpler than going to have a human being do something you can do yourself lol

I love them during work on lunch breaks. My coworkers and I tend to hop in a car, drive down to the local store, and just stock up on food and drinks to just pig out and chat in the lunch room afterwards.

Self checkout allows us to typically do a store run, buy our stuff, and still have time to enjoy our break back at work while having our big lunch Big Grin