Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soo confused..
so I want to get into a relationship I really do but i'm terrible at starting things..I just can never be the first person to say hi because I feel so weird about it..is that silly? Redblob

Hi there

Now your not the first person to say hi ( lol)

Good luck with you hunt , sometimes you gotta just got to go for it , if you see a guy you like then go chat to him , or if it feels better why not chat to guys online to start with?

:] thank you ill take that advice and hi back haha.

Kidwiththeshoe Wrote:so I want to get into a relationship I really do but i'm terrible at starting things..I just can never be the first person to say hi because I feel so weird about it..is that silly? Redblob

I dont want to sound old here, but you are young and practice/experience is the way you become more comfortable with a whole number of situations. My suggestion is to push yourself to take small steps, say hi to a guy you have no interest in then it doesnt matter. challenge yourself to step out of your comfort zone and once you have done so look back to see what you can learn from it and do differently the next time around.

Dont forget there are also other ways relationships start, such as dating sites etc so the initial small talk is done before even meeting.

:-)

Despite appearances to the contrary I am normally very shy and find it painful to open a conversation with someone I don't know. A typical greeting in my part of the world is "Are ye orl roight?" This opens the way for a multitude of replies from people who don't know that you're only supposed to grunt or answer a'roight?" in return Wink FenSpeak can be SO expressive!

When I was in New York recently I found that most people were more than happy to tell me their life story if I so much as smiled at them. I didn't understand more than about 40% of what most people said, but they seemed happy enough to say it anyway.

It takes practice and I still haven't had enough of that. Smile, ask how they are, how their day has been, what they are drinking ... it doesn't have to be anything other than a way to get into a chat. It's amazing how many people lead interesting lives.

Good luck.

I used to be a lot more shy than I am today when it comes to anything, not just relationship oriented stuff.
But I pushed myself into doing things that made me a little uncomfortable just because I was shy and over time I got over it.

Now I embarrass all my friends with my silly antics when we are out in public! Well... they join in. But I embarrass my family lol

So just push yourself and eventually you will be the flirting MASTER.
Just like jesis was.

MegaFullbuster Wrote:... So just push yourself and eventually you will be the flirting MASTER.
Just like jesis was.
What?? :confused:

Assuming the fella your interested in is gay, wait until he looks in your direction and then give him a smile. A smile tells him your friendly and approachable. Quite often, both sides are afraid to take the first step and that smile can open the door for both of you.

At this point, he may come over and introduce himself, if he doesn't, then he may also be shy and you will have to make the first move.

Go over and introduce yourself, tell him you like his hair style, clothes, eyes, smile, etc. Giving a compliment is always a nice gesture.

If he ignores you or responds negatively, then tell him:

"I'm going to take you on a date and if you don't accept - I will stalk you until you give in"

Just joking on the last one Confusedmile:

Good Luck

:] thank you all so much for your advice I really enjoy that everyone will and help me out

When wishing to know someone better, I find it best to stay away from groups and arrange a quiet and relaxing one-to-one meeting in a coffee shop or somewhere similar. Having friends around you making hush-tone comments whilst you're trying your best not to say something silly or embarrassing can be a real distraction. Best of luck.