Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
very content and safe
hi again. most of you guys know that i got to the states lately as an iraqi refugee. I do have a lot of issues and still adapting to the new community, esp the new gay community that is def different than what i was familiar with in Turkey(the country that i fled to from iraq).

but beside all that, i would love to share my happiness with you. i have'nt felt this safe since, i don't even remember. i still have difficulties, but they are no way close to what i faced over seas. i am thankful that i am here. i am very hard core liberal, and here there are a lot of crazy conservative people. but to be honest, the crazy conservative people here are considered angels to what we have in the middle east.
america welcomed me with open arms; i will never forget this gesture that saved my life.
i will try to give back to america generously, because america was and is still generous to me.

a nightmare i saw made me write this. a nightmare that reminded of a fate was awaiting me in the middle east. i am no longer sentenced to live in fear or die, for i am free at last.

Really happy for your sake! Good luck with everything! Smile

Also so happy that you are now save. All of the best for your future Smile

Well I'm glad you feel safe.

I do hope you are going to be more practical and look for America's faults and keep them in mind as you progress through life here. America and her citizens have their faults too.

SolemnBoy Wrote:Really happy for your sake! Good luck with everything! Smile
thank you so much man.

Spades Wrote:Also so happy that you are now save. All of the best for your future Smile

thank you. i feel very safe here; a long gone feeling.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Well I'm glad you feel safe.

I do hope you are going to be more practical and look for America's faults and keep them in mind as you progress through life here. America and her citizens have their faults too.

the first step in accepting ourselves is to admit we are not perfect.

although america and her people have a lot of very noticeable faults, the whole place is perfection to what we had!

Congrats and I am glad that life is going well for you Smile

Welcome to freedom.

Tastes great doesnt it ?

just stay away from all that fat food, sorry fast food Dance2

Glad to hear you finally feel safeSmile

ObW
X

I'm very happy for you. Confusedmile:

Just keep in mind that there are a few (only a few, but any amount is too many) who will react violently toward you either for being gay or for being from Iraq (seems they believe all who come from Iraq are terrorists rather than refugees). I have heard fundamentalist Christians actually thump a Bible saying why Christians & Muslims are ordained to be mortal enemies (and many of these people will automatically assume someone from Iraq to be an evil Muslim who snuck in to do damage, probably in part because so many bigots tend to be bigots in multiple ways, for example many homophobes are also racists). I don't know how common that is, but it does exist. And I think you're more likely to be attacked over being gay (including by Christians) than being from Iraq, but I'm not sure on that. It's not so bad that you need to fear, but you should keep in mind that not everyone here in the States wishes you well (and of course plenty of Americans will prey on ANYONE) and stay safe. And should you have the bad luck to run into that then please don't think they and their hate represents the majority of US citizens.