Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weird things that you eat
is there anything you enjoy eating that a lot of people don't, or would consider weird?

i love the taste of raw egg yolk, for example. not just like it, they're absolutely delicious. Smile and i've triggered some of my friends' eww factor with it. one time i actually had to demonstrate that i could eat it, because a friend just didn't believe me. but i love the taste, there's nothing weird about it to me. although, i'm not sure i could swallow the raw egg white (never have eaten that thing raw), that does seem eww to me.

i just ate two raw egg yolks, yum, and thought of this. so, do you have any weird culinary tastes?

I like eggs "sunny side up", and runny... but don't think I could do them RAW.

[Image: tumblr_static_1d1g8yufxzz4ck4ocks8kocg4.png]

I put cilantro, garlic, and horse radish, in a lot of things most people go "Eww" at. I think it's great in Mac-n-Cheeze.

Skyr.
[Image: products-2013.png]

I have heard it said that it's actually cheese, not yogurt. Regardless, it is decadant tasting and really a great source of protein. I do not buy flavors though, because of the sugary fruit filling. Siggi's brand which is made in the US has flavors that are less sugary.

I like peanut butter & molasses on toast...............
We Have Elvis !!

One of my favorite quick and cheap lunches is a container of steamed rice (from the Chinese restaurant down the street) with spicy Planters peanuts stirred in. A similar dish I like is peas (usually frozen ones I microwave to heat up) with sunflower nuts mixed in. Sometimes I have both these dishes at the same time. At some point in my life, a friend of mine and I nicknamed both parts of this dish "Broadway Cheapy Cheapy Lunch", after one of the other gargoyles. I don't recall why.

Lex

I mix peanut butter and sugar together and eat it with a spoon. To me, it's better than any candy. I also put ketchup on grilled cheese sandwiches.

Nanaki Wrote:I also put ketchup on grilled cheese sandwiches.

I put mustard on mine. Smile

Lex

Lexington Wrote:I put mustard on mine. Smile

That sounds good. Next time I have grilled cheese, I will have to try this!

Borg69 Wrote:I put cilantro, garlic, and horse radish, in a lot of things most people go "Eww" at. I think it's great in Mac-n-Cheeze.

love garlic and regular radish. i've never eaten horse radish.
[MENTION=21778]Lexington[/MENTION] what the hell are sunflower nuts? did you mean sunflower seeds?

Then you would probably like horseradish. It is REALLY radishy. The fumes can be so bad when it is being made that it is recommended that you do it outside. It's great mixed with sour cream or greek yogurt and used as a sauce for roast beef.

Jim, I am a fan of lots of lettuce with my peanut butter.
I bid NO Trump!