Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weird things that you eat
meridannight Wrote:love garlic and regular radish. i've never eaten horse radish.

[MENTION=21778]Lexington[/MENTION] what the hell are sunflower nuts? did you mean sunflower seeds?

Never had horse radish ?? Hmmm... The only thing I can think to compare it to is Wassabi ?

[MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION] i'm not sure i will probably like horseradish just because it is really radishy. not sure i would like anything more radishy than a regular radish...

and i'm not sure about wasabi either. i've only easten wasabi nuts, some spiced-flavory things. is wasabi naturally spicy though? i'm not sure i've eaten wasabi, other than those spiced nuts. and that taste that i think was wasabi, i don't know if i even like it. i can't gauge that taste that well.

Someone in the southern US today just posted on Facebook about mayonnaise and peanut butter sandwiches. I am not a mayo fan, so probably not going to try it.

I love drinking dill pickle juice if I have a raw or sore throat.

Oh.

And Semen. Love that too.

I agree about egg yolk. A number of Korean dishes are served with a raw egg yolk set atop the finished dish, and it always seems to throw people off for some reason (whereas I often find it to be the BEST part, or what finishes the dish and pulls it all together).
[Image: dolsotbibimbap2.jpg]

I like jjamppong, which seems to gross out just about everyone I know.
[Image: jjamppong-closeup.jpg]

I like Vanilla/Orange swirl ice cream with Cheetos Puffs (it has to be the Puffs)
[Image: 7987530819_42f9e11f19_z.jpg]

Split pea soup with bacon and ham
[Image: Split-Pea-Soup-with-Ham-173_edited-1-640x640.jpg]

I don't like grilled cheese -or- tomato soup unless I can have them both together.
And the tomato soup has to be made with milk, not water.
[Image: 326692939_xlarge_51094_xlarge.jpeg]

Lexington Wrote:One of my favorite quick and cheap lunches is a container of steamed rice (from the Chinese restaurant down the street) with spicy Planters peanuts stirred in. A similar dish I like is peas (usually frozen ones I microwave to heat up) with sunflower nuts mixed in. Sometimes I have both these dishes at the same time. At some point in my life, a friend of mine and I nicknamed both parts of this dish "Broadway Cheapy Cheapy Lunch", after one of the other gargoyles. I don't recall why.

Lex

Both of those actually sound really good. I'm going to have to try them.

Peanut Butter and crispy bacon with mayo is so fucking good too. Just sayin'.

meridannight Wrote:is there anything you enjoy eating that a lot of people don't, or would consider weird?

I've been known to have a penis or two in my time. Corn-on-the-cob

Also, when I get mashed potatoes and gravy from KFC or Popeye's, I like to put honey in them and mix it up real good. When I tell people about that they look at me like I have 3 heads. I'll tell ya though, that stuff is so good it'll make your tongue wanna slap out your eye-teeth.

meridannight Wrote:[MENTION=21778]Lexington[/MENTION] what the hell are sunflower nuts? did you mean sunflower seeds?

Sort of. They're sunflower seeds with the shells already removed. Some companies call them sunflower kernels.

[Image: 91rnn-utQoL._SY550SX415_SY550_CR,0,0,415..._SH20_.jpg]

Lycanthropist Wrote:I've been known to have a penis or two in my time. Corn-on-the-cob

If that's how you eat them, I can understand why you've only had one or two.

Lex

Well, Meridannight, you should try it at least once. It also goes very nicely with corned beef. It also makes an interesting sauce for fried shrimp when mixed with orange marmalade.

If you like radishes and garlic, you are in the ballpark.

You may have even tasted it as the hot spike in cocktail sauce.

I like trying new foods, but you sure don't have to if you don't.
I bid NO Trump!