Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do reach for when the zombies come
Zet Wrote:But if its dead? Zombies are dead, how can an arrow to the eye matter? :p

You have to damage the brain, especially the brain stem. How it is that the rot and decay of death doesn't do that for the living dead is a mystery, but we all know that the only way to put down a zombie is to destroy the brain.

Anything through the eye to penetrate the brain seems to do this. Again its a mystery, since we still have to wonder why rot and decay isn't enough.

Range 1-Crossbow(For Silence)
Range 2-Sawed off shotgun(For emergencies)
Melee 1- Sharpened spade shovel(For decaps)
Melee 2- Baseball bat(For fun Tongue)

zombies? is this some sort of computer game theme?-i dont do those

self defense ?are pikes legal in countries?where do you buy one?

Shorter versions of pikes called boarding pikes were also used on warships—typically to repel boarding parties—as late as the third quarter of the 19th century.

The great Hawaiian warrior king Kamehameha I had an elite force of men armed with very long spears who seem to have fought in a manner identical to European pikemen, despite the usual conception of his people's general disposition for individualistic dueling as their method of close combat. It is not known whether Kamehameha himself introduced this tactic or if it was taken from the use of traditional Hawaiian weapons.[citation needed]

The pike was issued as a British Home Guard weapon in 1942 after the War Office misinterpreted a letter from Winston Churchill saying "every man must have a weapon of some kind, be it only a mace or pike". However, these hand-held weapons never left the stores after the pikes had "generated an almost universal feeling of anger and disgust from the ranks of the Home Guard, demoralised the men and led to questions being asked in both Houses of Parliament".[4] The suggestion of using pikes made from old Lee-Enfield rifle bayonet blades in a modern industrial war was indeed one of the War Office's stranger wartime follies[original research?].

In Spain, in the cities, beginning in the 18th century and ending about 1980, there were night guards called "serenos"es:Sereno (oficio) who carried a short pike (about 1.5 m) called chuzo es:chuzo.

Pikes live on today only in traditional roles, being used to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pike_(weapo...e_pike_era

Rainbowmum Wrote:I don't know,:biggrin: take it up with Frank Darabont the creator of the Living dead.
I am just following the Red neck's procedure. Rofl

in that case you better have some guns and 'alotta' bullets:biggrin:

I live in Tokyo. we dont have guns or knives ( unless you mean cooking knives) so I'm screwed.
i guess i would just go and get mauled by zombies than put up a fight and prolong my misery...:eek:

Just get your cleric to cast a healing spell on them..... duh. Cool

I'd grab my 72 hour bag which has a Hatchet and a Knife. Those will do as my melee weapons. Then I'd grab My Glock 19 and either my Shotgun or my sporterized No. 4 mk 1 Enfield.

all I have around that'd be of any use is my chainsaw (I use it for Christmas trees), it's not huge but it'll cut off their heads pretty good, since the Brain is key with Zombies, severing the spinal cord and decapitating them should work well.

ooh dear, I don't have much things that could be used as weapon(s) but I suppose I'd grab my replica william wallace sword - it's already sharpened for melee weapon 1 - a wooden baseball/rounders bat I have from high school as melee weapon 2.

Ranged is tricky.. I'd grab the weed-burner butane flamethrower thing I have in the garden for ranged weapon 1 - and since I know how to make an efficient bow and arrow from tree branches I'd fashion one of those together when I find shelter.

Speaking of which, since I'm near a few large mountains with rivers that flow with fish/wild rabbits/foxes/squirrels etc I'd probably make a run for the hills and set up shelter up there as it's really remote and it'd give me a safe place to set up camp and be out of sight of zombies - I doubt any would attempt to climb those hills at 3000ft a piece, all fenced off too.

Wait I got the rules of this all wrong, ok I have my chain saw (for real) I also have liquid sulfuric acid (what men use in Middle Eastern counties in "acid attacks" to maim women who spurned them as brides) of course I use it for clogs when Liquid Plumber won't do. But I don't feel so comfortable splashing it about. I almost forgot my hatchet, and I have liquid kerosene along with those long candle lighters.
So my weapons are:
1) chain saw
2)hatchet
3) sulfuric acid
4) kerosene and lighter