Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you think
Of incest? I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are of it

Well, it depends on the degree of relatedness, the ages of those involved, and the power dynamics between them. It certainly isn't something I find appealing for myself, but I'm not one to judge consenting adults.

This is really a topic that comes down to personal opinion and your own views on the topic. Now what two people do in the bedroom is none of my business. But there are 2 main reasons why it's illegal. I'm probably going to get flamed for this but this is how I see it.

Reason 1 it's illegal: Religion
Reason 2 it's illegal: Nature thrives off genetic diversity.

Now keep in mind, I tend to be an open minded individual most of the time. I try and see the world from all view points. So I tend to play devils advocate. But this is how I see it and maybe it will make someone else think.

If the two performing the act are of the same sex can this truly be considered incest? Sure it breaks the law of the first reason, but does not break law the second; as procreation is not being done. Whether it be between 2 brother, 2 cousins. Who the hell cares. Now on the means of like father and son, uncle and nephew, etc, that throws it into a whole different ball park if someone is not of legal age.

Now if it's between two consenting adults of the opposite sex, then it quite violates both laws. Now I can't go much into this part because I never did much thinking about it. This is where more of the genetic diversity comes into play.

Yes I admit as an early teenager, I thought about experimenting with this subject. Never brought myself to doing so and got over it.

Now if you want to flame me feel free. This is just my 2 cents on the topic. I just think that an open mind that can actually think for itself and not brain washed by the masses (not taking just about religions) helps make the world look just a little bright. Besides this topic is just as taboo as many other things.

your a gay man so you get to date any gay man (of legal age) you want

That's one thing you don't keep in the family in my opinion. Morally its seen as wrong (and illegal in many places) and its something that I would never do or have ever thought about.

Homosexuality was illegal until 1979 because it was a mental illness because there is a reason why men shouldn't have sex with men and there is a reason that women shouldn't have sex with women.

There is also a reason why it is illegal to fall in love with a relative. so lets damn all those cousins that have fallen in love and had pure, loving and consentual relationships that general last many more decades than....let's say Brittany Spears who married someone she wasn't related to for 57 hours.

It's illegal because there are too many fuckwits in the world...not because of religion and certainly no genetic diversity (Snails fuck themselves...how's that for genetic diversity huh????) , they are merely piss weak excuses for idiots to discriminate and there is absolutely no ryhme and no reason why 2 healthy happy consenting adults can not have a sexual relationship if that is their desire.

It's an issue where gay people have to disentangle the icky from the moral, just like we've been asking the rest of society to do.

Incest is immoral, most societies agree on that. This is likely to have arisen back when we lived in small tribal communities and the results of inbreeding were a real threat to group survival. The revulsion may have been selected for genetically over the millennia, there is some research showing that kids brought up together in communal nurseries in Kibbutzim in Israel being less likely to marry one another (old research, I know,. It may have been superseded).

Society these days can handle the results of a bit of inbreeding, we look after all sorts of disabilities and consider it the mark of a responsible society. Some of us even boast a constitutional monarchy that came about through quite a lot of it.

Inbreeding only becomes a real threat if it goes on generation after generation in a small community, or a large proportion of a large community. It can therefore be isolated or tolerated in the modern world without too much detriment to society. As well as that it is very rare and that rarity is unlikely to be solely the result of legislation.

We thus have something which was once a real danger to society, has a strong ick factor for many people and has found itself the subject of legislation in many jurisdictions. Sound familiar?

Personally I have no dog in this fight, but I'm left with an ick factor of a kind that that I have to admit I've spent a lifetime expecting others to suppress. It is important we keep this issue well quarantined when we discuss gay rights; there are very many people only too happy to resort to slippery slope arguments.

I live near a large Amish community. I am sure there is a lot of incest/inbreeding.

The last family we visited had 8 or 9 children all very near the same age!

I dont know if it is the lack of education or other factors but... I just dont know... lets say I am glad I was not born a gay Amish! Nothing against a simple life style - I better stop now Lol2

*btw most of those Amish men are really HOT Flash

I don't like the thought of it. Especially if it concerns two people who who are immediate family and/or grew up together.
Inbreeding is an issue. but I don't feel we have any right to legislate or act against it; I mean, what are the courses of action one could take when two people of close relation choose to have a baby? Forced abortion? Sterilisation? No thanks, way too controlling and cruel.

I may not like it, but there's not much that can be done. Relationships form sometimes between people closely related, some of those people choose to have children; c'est la vie.

Incest that leads to procreation is "wrong" for medical/genetic reasons. There are more risks between genetically close couples for medical/genetic issues with their offspring.

However in the right light inbreeding can be OK http://www.as.wvu.edu/~kgarbutt/QuantGen...Humans.htm goes more into depth on that.

To be honest, I lack a moral compass. I do have a strong sense of ethics which is a bit different in many ways to morality. As such I see no problem in a brother and sister having a relationship, or first cousins. I do see an ethical reason for them to not risk having children, as their 'sin' could result in medical issues for the child.

I have even less problem with a same-gendered coupling who are near relatives, simply because there is no risk of children being made no matter how hard they try.

Not saying I would do it... Well my Brother was very 'hawt' Wink However I have no issues with others who go into it knowing the medical risks.