Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you think
I will add I don't like the idea of incestuous conceptions for a variety of reasons. Don't feel like listing them now, maybe later, but I will say it includes more reasons than just genetics (though I understand incestuous breeding can lead to exceptionally brilliant children as it can really dim ones).

Cuddles Wrote:There is an enormous difference, and I'm sure any intelligent person can see that.

Maybe you could explain what the difference is? :3

i dont understand why people feel the need to profess their romantic desires for family incest and or animals, under legal age children, etc on a gay site.

we are the 5% of the general population that can be more successful in a same sex relationship. so say 1% of the general population has had pregnancy via incest of that 1% of this group 95% were straight.

all this NOT a gay issue, wish these people would go away.

pellaz Wrote:i dont understand why people feel the need to profess their romantic desires for family incest and or animals, under legal age children, etc on a gay site.

we are the 5% of the general population that can be more successful in a same sex relationship. so say 1% of the general population has had pregnancy via incest of that 1% of this group 95% were straight.

all this NOT a gay issue, wish these people would go away.

We're not confessing incestuous desires - we're discussing a topic that's interesting because it's difficult to rationalize and very taboo.

SolemnBoy Wrote:... we should also force women over 40 to not have children because God forbid they ever conceive a Down's syndrome child ...
it is not for sure ladies over 40 will always have a Down's child but i have a slight factor 5 situation. If i impregnated my sister our child would have the life threatening version. Every time.

SolemnBoy Wrote:We're not confessing incestuous desires - we're discussing a topic that's interesting because it's difficult to rationalize and very taboo.
we could discuss cell phones and know cell phones is NOT a gay topic.

pellaz Wrote:we could discuss cell phones and know cell phones is NOT a gay topic.

We've had others complain that GaySpeak has a redundancy of the same topics over and over, too, and would like to see more variety.

Now I'm grant I'm a bit uncomfortable with the topic (and the paranoid part of me worries that it might be some kind of entrapment, while a less paranoid but still suspicious worries we're being jerked around by a troll) but some people really like to share thoughts and perhaps gain a greater understanding of the world (and where we stand in it) as a result. And sometimes it's much easier to bring up these topics online where we don't have to worry about people twisting an honest question into an admission of something we have no interest in doing ourselves. Being curious about the topic and what others think doesn't therefore mean he's contemplating the act (and even if he was well it takes 2 to tango, either that or he'll risk serious legal penalties if he targets a minor, and rightly so, IMO, but that's because of age not kinship, though there is an added level of betrayal in molesting children within one's own family).

I realize not everyone understands. For me I enjoy "mental masturbation" because I enjoy learning and thus am very curious and asking others about it gives me perspectives and ideas I never considered before which is pleasurable to me in a mental state, a pleasure very much like learning is for me.

I suppose others just might be more interested in figuring out what's socially acceptable so if the topic ever comes up (as it might in a gay bar after enough alcohol & drugs have been consumed) they'll know what to say to create minimal alienation (and thus chance of hookups), however. Rolleyes

I enjoy discussing controversial topics to challenge my own liberal views and to just have an interesting talk. This is not limited to incest, although that is one of my favourite debate topics because I'm not sure to which extent I want it legalized, how I actually feel about it etc. so discussing it takes me closer to reaching a conclusion. My friends are divided. 50% are pro incest and incestuous conception, 30% or so are COMPLETELY against it and the rest want it to be tolerated but without them having children.

Cuddles Wrote:There is quite a difference, as I am sure you more than understand.

Am I going to sit here and compare a same sex couple with an incestuous relationship?
Not a chance.

This is not a topic that should ever be spoke about together.

Being gay does not make me a pervert.
It does not make me want to have sex with my brother, or my cat, or a child.

Incest is disgusting.
I will never get into a discussion with anybody defending this disgusting act.

People involved in these relationships are quite rightly arrested, and imprisoned.

It is disgusting, it makes my stomach churn.

Eh, I'm probably leaving the thread after this post because I think everything's been said. However, you still haven't explained anything. What you're doing is the same as a lot of homophobes do - calling something they don't understand perverted without explaining why. I find it gross too but will you please try to think about it rationally? Emotions and rationality are not the same.

We're not really making any progress here but whatever.