Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do most christians seem to think that everything is evil?
And hitting a defenseless child under the guise of "discipline" is the only good thing on the planet?

The christian religion is a Religion of charity, mercy and love.... but they don´t practise charity, mercy and love because hate, gossip, bigotry, small-mindedness and envy take so much time in their lifes that there is no more space for charity, mercy and love.

Me and my big mouth .... now I can beg for pardon the Goddess for gossipping about the christian religion.... *howl.. poor wolf*

Because, that they can justify Biblically. "Spare the rod, Spoil the child." While that's out of context, it's what some use to justify corporal punishment.

Of course some can justify much worse in the name of saving the child's soul. As with any large group, they can hide much behind the propaganda spin.

fenris Wrote:The christian religion is a Religion of charity, mercy and love.... but they don´t practise charity, mercy and love because hate, gossip, bigotry, small-mindedness and envy take so much time in their lifes that there is no more space for charity, mercy and love.

Me and my big mouth .... now I can beg for pardon the Goddess for gossipping about the christian religion.... *howl.. poor wolf*

Well there are good and bad people no matter where you go or who they are. It's inevitable to run into people who give others a bad name Smile

But to answer the question, I believe it's because plenty of them take The Bible too literally and... well, selective attention. I also think it could come down to culture, too. I'm Hispanic, so I was raised in a Catholic home but we also participated in things that were part of our specific culture, like divination and leaving shrines to ancestors, which I believe is forbidden according to The Bible. So yeah, I think it comes with the interpretation of one's religion and the incorporation of their culture that determines if someone sees something as wrong Smile

Read the Bible and you'll find EVERYONE'S a sinner...save that one guy. Wink (Actually, I have my criticism on Jesus and some of the things he said & did as well, but that's beside the point.) And God sends plagues and destruction against those who displease him on a regular basis and a common interpretation is that those who so much as fail to stroke God's Epic Ego will writhe in eternal burning torment, such is the fate of evil doers...so I'm sure plenty of Christians who advocate actual abuse feel nice and non-judgmental in comparison to their unpleasant god. Or perhaps by punishing evildoers they feel they're earning their god's pleasure...

And btw, when I read a translation of the Malleus Maleficarum it included the priest saying how important it was to keep the prisoners from committing suicide before they were executed because God would punish them unless they punish the sinners (in those more barbaric days it was punishment by human sacrifice where they literally tried to curry God's favor with torture & executing people). That attitude didn't just magically go away (though it has, for the most part, faded) which can be seen how 9/11 was blamed of gays, feminists, and liberals, and feel that if we're not put back in our place, tormented for our sins, then God will punish them all like Sodom. And with that twisted psychology in place then things like this sadly don't surprise me:

And not just when they're kids:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10/04/...at-church/

But see if they accepted homosexuality then they'd be setting themselves up for God's wrath, so they MUST punish gays or God will punish them...and that same reasoning also applies to anything they don't like, such as feminism or anything fun (many counties in the East Texas Bible Belt are "dry" because the churches think alcohol leads to partying, dancing, and sex, and gods help you if you if you sex toys there, especially if designed for a woman's pleasure).

And so if a child doesn't act in accordance to the Bible (at least as interpreted by that particular denomination or Christian, and also filtered through rationalization, hypocrisy, mental illness from a lifetime of abuse by Christians and repression, etc) then of course they punish them...and damn, the Bible has A LOT that's described is evil, so much that I've never heard of anyone who lived fully in accordance with it (given all the contradictions I'm not sure if one COULD live in accordance to it).

Well in my opnion, people like to find the fastest way to think. that being said, i think its easier to think something is evil just because it isn't understood. I don't think its just christains but they find it easier to hate something by finding the bases of it in bible in this case. Most times tho... they only read what is beneficial to them and ignore the rest or decide to put it aside. When people have children they pass that belief on to there kids (sometimes) and they are taught only knowing their parents side of the story

Actually yo don't hear from most Christians.

Its like saying most homosexuals are Nelly queens. the only reason why people think that is they don't hear from the straight acting majority.

There is a long list of biblical sins, and differing denominations differ in opinion on which sins matter. Take the whole Mosaic Law (like eating pork) many denominations are damning their parishioners to hell because Jesus didn't Abolish the law, thus everyone who eats pork is performing abomination, thus are going to hell...

The Romanized Church was not formed to spread the Gospel, it was formed to be the next political power. Constantine saw the writing on the wall when it came to where the Roman Empire was going, a unified single religion was meant to unify Rome and hopefully shore up its collapsing system. And it worked, Rome tottered on for another 150 years after the formation of a Roman Church. As the political side of Rome collapsed, the Church took on more and more powers of leadership, thus usher in that minor part of history we like to call the Dark Ages.

The Crusades, the Inquisition and the sending out of missionaries was not to spread the Word, it was to enforce and rally up more people to reform Rome under the Guise of the Church.

The whole 'sinner nature' of humanity was used as a control device. Hell as in flames and torment over the grave was a way to scare the masses into following the political leadership of the Church.

The Church finally started falling apart when splinter groups broke off. Each denomination carrying with it a bit of the design, although they disagreed with the Roman Authority, none actually managed to break those chains fully and each carry the seeds of the Roman Authority in it.

The bible was rewritten, edited and even picked from 600 works that have a bit more to say about a lot of things.

The majority of Christians have no strong feelings about the sinful nature of man.

You have the very few, very loud who act and call themselves a majority. Just like we have a few very loud and very proud nelly queens that everyone knows about and no one dares to think of the dull boring straight acting queers.

Im a christian and I dont think gays are evil at all.
I wasent brought up on olden day teachings. I see everyone as equal and not evil and not discriminative or anything.

I do think though that alot of churches, like the older traditional churches see it as evil because alot of thier lifetime was brought up with homosexuality being looked down on (for lack of a better term). I mean it wasent as open as it is now and that.

the OP said; "christians seem to think that everything is evil". Well its because Christians are evil, they know how the shoe fits.

pellaz Wrote:Well its because Christians are evil.

not all of them ...
that's a pretty major generalization ...