Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
working in hospo
it has turned me into an introvert. Or I think it has. customers are the ugliest people ever. I serve fat snotty cunty old women who want a trim moccachino (that has a chocolate bar in it -.-)
They don't have manners they are piggish Oink2 pigs are probably more attractive than most of the customer. But then again some not many customers are lovely.
btw this is just a rant
and there are gross people who think they know what they are talking about with coffee but they don't know shit. I've been making coffee for a couple years and I'm only just starting to understand coffee. If you first put sugar with your coffee and then tell me it's 'passable' I will piss in your cup. If you are a fully grown man and drink soy decafe you should kill yourself now.
this has become a coffee rant

so my day has been alright how are you? n.n

I have worked in retail/hospitality for 27 years Josh, and the last decade has been the toughest. Once we used to have 'customers', now a majority are CUNTSTOMERS.

Having said that, there are some really decent people out there that make the job worth while...especially if they are regular customers.

dfiant1 Wrote:I have worked in retail/hospitality for 27 years Josh, and the last decade has been the toughest. Once we used to have 'customers', now a majority are CUNTSTOMERS.

Having said that, there are some really decent people out there that make the job worth while...especially if they are regular customers.

White people expect to be treated like royalty.
It's mostly white people. Fat white people... in suits. This could be why I now hate white people.

It's amazing to me the sense of entitlement so many people seem to have, like the world revolves around them and the employees are just slaves who must cater to their every whim and the employee must stand there and take their know-it-all self-absorbed insanity

Also WHY WOULD YOU FUCK WITH THE PEOPLE HANDLING YOUR FOOD

Miles Wrote:It's amazing to me the sense of entitlement so many people seem to have, like the world revolves around them and the employees are just slaves who must cater to their every whim and the employee must stand there and take their know-it-all self-absorbed insanity

Also WHY WOULD YOU FUCK WITH THE PEOPLE HANDLING YOUR FOOD

>.< I have the best manager ever!!!
She tells customers how it is. This guy once ordered a long macchiato expecting a bogan black (Americano) and I let her take care of it and she told him how it is. You say one thing meaning another you get what you ask for pretty much what she said to him. Big Grin
I love her!
And she is a hard worker and I respect her.

poison them...

cafes and coffee shops are shit now you cant smoke, but its ok to shove your fat face with chocolate muffins and caramel latte and treat staff like automated machines

So I work at Wendy's, and we serve coffee too, although nothing fancy.

I've had this though.

"I would like three 5ths of a sugar, and half of a cream.". Which is annoying because our dispensers don't have a setting for that, so I need to do this stupid thing where I take my time and portion off a cream and sugar, then return to see 10 more people in line all annoyed because they think I'm not up front, and then doesn't Miss little I want a perfect coffee go, "This is far too strong, I should have asked for a full sugar.".

Like if you are that specific do it yourself.

I know my coffee story probably isn't on par with your stories, but I do understand where you are coming from with the rude customers. Some people just think we're there to be shit on.

The last time I had to work a customer service - type job
was the times I worked both a floral shop and at a pizza
place.

The floral place was awesome, I could pretty much BS my
way into selling people stuff, plus I liked the job cause it
let me get creative and people bought the things I made
and loved my work Big Grin

The pizza place was okay, it's just hectic at times when
I was THE ONLY ONE working both answering phones,
taking orders and making ALL THE THINGS. All at the
same time D:

I definitely don't miss those days, especially when I had
to work with kids who never showed up for work or left me
hanging on a shift, lol

Joshular Wrote:If you first put sugar with your coffee and then tell me it's 'passable' I will piss in your cup. If you are a fully grown man and drink soy decafe you should kill yourself now.

This made me laugh. I like coffee, though I don't know if i'd call myself a coffee snob. I drink it black normally, but I'll put some soy in it if it's cheap crap coffee and I just want the caffeine.

I used to work at a pizza shop, which was mostly a good job. I liked the actual cooking and dough rolling and all that, but I hated dealing with customers. I prided myself on my friendliness, but there's still something bizarre that happens between two strangers when the exchange of money becomes a factor. It's like all of a sudden if someone's paying for a service or goods, then they think that gives them the right to treat the employee however they please.

Once, after some other employee made an error with someone's order, I decided the take the bullet and tell the customer what had happened because the employee who made the error was to afraid to tell him. I ended up having a middle aged man literally scream in my face the words "MAKE IT RIGHT!!!" over and over for what was maybe thirty seconds.... though it felt like thirty minutes.

On another occasion I had a group of drunken boys (I refuse to use the word men in this instance) torment me for hours. They would call me over constantly and then tell me they forgot what they wanted. When I passed their table to go clean something they'd ... uhm... flatulate intentionally. ugh....

Then when they finally left and I was cleaning their table, one of them came back looking for his wallet and accused me of stealing it. He was drunk and angry and I really thought he was going hit me, but fortunately my manager backed me up and told him to leave. He wouldn't. Eventually, one of his friends came back in and told him that he had taken his wallet as a joke. Then they left, no apology or anything....

Customer service blows and it can definitely effect the way you view and interact with strangers. Try to not let it get you down though. We only remember the really bad ones.

Lol,

The dough rolling was WORK, but I had fun making the pizza
themselves. The place I worked at had side stuff like subs and
what-not and those were always so annoying to make.

Oh and lol, I remember one night I had to pretty much not take
any call in orders because I had to make 9 Party size pizza which pretty
much took over the one and only oven we had.

I also remember burning quite a few pizza's during the beginning, lol