Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I Ever Going To Get It Right?
AdamAndWill Wrote:Will: I'm sorry for being so vague Mike, a lot of people here know the past situation from Adam's perspective and I guess I was venting in this post…..
Wow, I didn't expect such a detailed account. I knew a little bit of the background, as it pertains to the forum, but not the whole kitten and the caboodle. I'm not going to comment on your process because it looks like you're working that out. My only point, above, was that expressing a raw, naked emotion in a therapeutic situation can sometimes lead to clarity and deeper understanding.

I'm going to tangent a bit and talk about internet forums. I don't know what your experience has been or how long you've been in them. I've been hanging out in various forums for many years (have even been a moderator and an administrator a couple times).

In some ways forums are "all alike" but in other ways they can be very different. For example, almost any active forum has a kind of 'community feel' for the regulars. It isn't exactly accurate but it *feels* like we get to know one another, at least a little bit. Basically I think this is a good thing (especially for those of us like myself who haven't much of a 'real life' anyway LOL!). The down side of it though is sometimes it gets *too* personal. I've seen more than one occasion where all hell breaks loose and it begins to spill beyond the forum into RL. That's seldom a good thing. The exception can be "flesh meets" (aka forum meet-ups). I haven't met anyone from GS yet but on another gay forum I belong to, I've met several of the regular members (no, not for sex).

I think it is neat when gay couples join a forum like this (whether with one or two accounts). It can become a bit of a 'shared' interest.

I don't mind if either of you use this space as a place to vent, just be aware that what you're saying is public. It will get reactions. Moreover, it's always good to keep in mind that this is an open, public forum. Anyone can read it and there are almost always more lurkers than participants.

Messages In This Thread
Am I Ever Going To Get It Right? - by AdamAndWill - 08-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Am I Ever Going To Get It Right? - by TwisttheLeaf - 08-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Am I Ever Going To Get It Right? - by ExpatBrit77 - 08-10-2014, 07:57 AM
Am I Ever Going To Get It Right? - by ETOTE - 08-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Am I Ever Going To Get It Right? - by AdamAndWill - 08-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Am I Ever Going To Get It Right? - by Borg69 - 08-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Am I Ever Going To Get It Right? - by MikeW - 08-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Am I Ever Going To Get It Right? - by 50Plus - 08-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Am I Ever Going To Get It Right? - by AdamAndWill - 08-10-2014, 11:43 PM
Am I Ever Going To Get It Right? - by MikeW - 08-11-2014, 04:06 AM
Am I Ever Going To Get It Right? - by AdamAndWill - 08-11-2014, 02:26 PM