Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Peterson is a Dangerous Nutjob
So, it's hard to believe, but that Burger King video is a parody, and it's saying something how much of a Poe's Law it is.

I once binged watch Jordan Peterson (JP) videos. He does have some interesting insights and interpretations of religion and fairy tales, but that doesn't make him right on everything, and when he's wrong, he's REALLY wrong.

Some rather questionable insights from his holiness:

Disney's Frozen is propaganda to teach girls they can be happy without a man. I'm not even going to explain why that's wrong. If you think that's true, then you are TFG - Too Far Gone.

All atheists, including the hardcore new atheists like Richard Dawkins, secretly believe in God because they aren't serial killers. Yep, JP actually believes every atheist who isn't a murderer and rapist is secretly a God believer.

JP, like most self help gurus, might be good for people who need to be told to take control of their life, but JP takes that on steroids and directs it at American politics in spite of the fact that he's Canadian. He constantly says "the left" will lead to Bolshevik communism, which when preached in the USA, is downright hypocritical, since most American left wingers just want the healthcare system of his own native Canada. Is Canada a communist wasteland? Because I don't think so.

Somewhere out there in JP's vast YouTube diary, he recalls a story of him working in some rough neck job like an oil rig or something. He says a man who worked there got teased for always eating out of a lunch box, and he didn't understand "the game" and it led his coworkers bullying him by throwing rocks at his helmet. To JP, this is that man's fault for not understand JP's own understanding of the game of life. As soon as I saw that video, I instantly thought to myself that JP really is a psycho. He's a hypocrite too, since you know if someone were to throw a rock at him and say it's his fault for not understanding "the game," he'd seek legal action.

I can see JP's side to that story. There have been times where I was surrounded by pure toxic people and my only way to survive was to fight fire with fire. But a toxic world isn't a world most people want to live in, and we know from history we can make it a less toxic place if we really want to, something JP says we should be grateful for, yet seems to imply we've reached our apex. That is the main reason why I am not a conservative, for the world can always be better, and the system we have now is not worth conserving.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Chase's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jordan Peterson is a Dangerous Nutjob - by kindy64 - 08-23-2020, 04:46 PM
RE: Jordan Peterson is a Dangerous Nutjob - by Chase - 08-27-2020, 02:23 PM