Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremely confused, need some advice (be warned, story's a bit long)
PFlyers Wrote:... when you were in his similar high school/post-high school state of mind, what would've been the best thing for you to hear?

I honestly don't know. I was in high school in a whole other century:o. Gay just didn't happen, no one I knew was gay - and everyone knew that gay was a very, very bad thing.

I didn't even entertain the possibility I was gay until my 20's. Even then when I started falling in love with a guy I kind of sort of didn't know what it all meant.

So his situation is vastly different than it was for me back around that age. He has a 'guy-friend' who allows him to flirt, touch and other things.

Should you? I have no idea what you should do. There is a lot of information that is lacking here and not just about him, but about you as well.

I do not know what your comfort levels are, I do not even know if you really want to pursue this beyond where it has already gone.

Understand these 'games' that have been playing for the past 2 years have left a lot of scar-tissue and you may not actually be able to deal with being the compassionate man who waits for the closeted man to jump out of his closet.

Personally, I don't 'do' straight me, bi men and in the closet men. I steer clear of them. But then I learned from the experiences of others, such as your telling us what is going on. To me that is just too much work, too much heart ache and something I wouldn't willingly put myself through.

IF
you were me, I would tell you to drop it and walk away - find a nice guy who is already comfortable with his sexuality and let this guy have all the space he needs to figure out himself.

I do not know if you feel that that is good, I do not know your limits and I definitely won't tell you 'this is what you should do'.

Messages In This Thread
Extremely confused, need some advice (be warned, story's a bit long) - by Bowyn Aerrow - 09-17-2012, 12:25 AM