Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremely confused, need some advice (be warned, story's a bit long)
Like Bowyn said, high school for me was a different century, or as good as and, gay was not an option. Yes, I knew I was, 100% by 15, but I still wasn't convinced that I was SUPPOSED to be gay. At that point my mind was still stuck in "He [my father] did that [sexual abuse] to make you this way so he had an excuse to belt you more often."

I would never have even considered looking at a guy below the wast, clothed or not. Nor did I dare look at girls as anything remotely sexual - even if I had fantasized about them, that was a sin as much as fantasizing about guys was and, I was dead set on not being gay, on being saved.

I know a bit of an odd concept that even masturbation and fantasy was sin, the same as if I had actually had sex with whoever I fantasized about. But then I was raised that thinking of sinning was the same as actually sinning. Glad I wasn't Catholic, my pries would never have heard the end of the confessions from me with that mind fuck going on.

I don't date bi or in the closet, trying to maybe come out or any of that but, if I respect them enough to at least figure they are worth the air they breathe, I'll try to be there as a part of their support network, as much as they will allow on a strictly platonic level. (natural aptitude and in born desire to heal there. I want to help fix anyone I can.)

So were it me, I'd be a friend, not flirt back but, listen and give feedback if he chose to bring the subject up with me, and I would make sure he knew I was okay with difficult subjects, wasn't going to judge him or get upset, just be honest with what I thought of it and, relate a few of my own experiences, if they were relevant to anything he touched on.

As with any personal situation, ultimately only you can decide what is right for you.

Messages In This Thread
Extremely confused, need some advice (be warned, story's a bit long) - by Blue - 09-17-2012, 12:58 AM