Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay... disabled.. never been on a date, but would like to. Any suggestions?
Back in the day, when I was last single (recently made single) we didn't have dating sites. Instead we went to the local cave and looked up potential mates in the paintings on the walls:

[Image: photo_verybig_102043.jpg]

We didn't have internet back then.... :eek: :biggrin: :tongue:

I never got involved with a guy off the net. I met guys at work, at library, at private parties, at AA/NA, at the coffee shop. And the majority of them started of as 'friends' first with no string attached and no expectations for 'relationship'.

In horror you will find that a lot of gay men have pretty high standards, and since you come with wheels all they will see is the wheels and they will run away. Shallowness seems to be an ingrained Gay Culture thing.

Sorry, its a terrible thing.

I would suggest getting involved in local activities you like, LGBT centers, if you have hobbies then get into local groups that meet face to face to do such things. Don't be intent on finding a lover - instead work toward finding friends - and don't discount straight people, straight people who accept LGBT usually have more than one LGBT friend and often have this habit of trying to hook up their LGBT friends....

As for Long Distance Relationships (LDR). If this is a strict rule with you then stick by it and don't go to those sites where LDR is a potential. LDR are hard to do and most fail. Humans are designed and evolved 'face to face' and are hard-wired for personal, up close real-time discovery of each other. LDR is a rather new thing for humans and most of us do not have the adaptations necessary to make LDR work.

Messages In This Thread
Gay... disabled.. never been on a date, but would like to. Any suggestions? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 10-01-2012, 06:31 PM