Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contra-acceptance
Shadow Wrote:I'm not advocating we overthrow the Government - just getting it off my chest that it really gets under my skin that people have such double-standards.

YES YOU ARE!!
Who's gonna paint the banners?
Who's gonna get the rotten veg ready?
Who's gonna bring the tents?

Lets go storm the government!

---
On a serious note, yes, I get angry. I get angry that two girls who are friends and nothing more, can walk along side by side, arm in arm... and no one will say a word. Two guys do that and all hell breaks loose.

That straight couples are able to show their affection no matter where they are, but two guys or two girls show how much they LOVE eachother, which is a natural emotion and cannot be helped and you get persecuted for it. It's not at all right... but the moment it's life :mad:

I think that it is becoming more and more accepted in society because more and more people are becoming less afraid and are actually divulging their sexuality with proudness and without guilt. Because more and more people are actually coming out in our generations, the current generation are becoming ever more relaxed towards the idea and more accepting. And I think that that's a big step. Of course it's a generalisation as this won't include EVERYONE, but on the whole, I think that possibly in the next 20-30 years the whole thing might a bit more lax so that there won't be so much shock horror to see two guys walking down the street hand-in-hand... Course you'll still need to be prepared for people that just aren't accepting of it - i.e. religious nuts etc. but I think that it will be a lot more accepted and more integrated into everyday life than it is at present (and IMO, it is already a lot more integrated into everyday life than it was say 10-20 years ago? So it's definitely going forwards)

Messages In This Thread
Contra-acceptance - by Shadow - 08-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Contra-acceptance - by Smurlos - 08-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Contra-acceptance - by Billington - 08-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Contra-acceptance - by sox-and-the-city - 08-08-2008, 01:46 AM
Contra-acceptance - by Billington - 08-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Contra-acceptance - by marshlander - 08-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Contra-acceptance - by Shadow - 08-11-2008, 10:08 AM