Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on next steps with a guy
Thank you so much Kindy64 for your feedback. I've read it multiple times and it's really helped!!!

I could really use some more advice though on my situation... I'm at my wits end and it's driving me crazy...

When I posted a few weeks ago, it had been nearly a week since I saw my "friend," whereas previously we saw each other almost every day. The prior weekend we had a deep conversation and concluded we were just friends, no relationship. Then things got weird between us. I'll pick up the story now...

We've since hung out twice. The first time we cleared the air (or so I thought) and he was happy to chill. The second time (2 days later) we grabbed a bite and I ended up staying at his place. Nothing intimate happened but it felt like old times. The next morning he seemed happy and told me to call him later.

Well that was nearly 2 weeks ago and that's the last time I've seen him. As mentioned in my previous post, he's going through a lot at work as his company is closing and he has recently started taking classes which take up a lot of his time. I know he still has free time though, and we live 2 blocks from each other...

He hasn't initiated any texts to me. It's always me starting them. I gave up asking him to hang out, for fear of sounding desperate. Last week, after I texted him, he actually suggested that we hang out today (Sunday). So this morning I texted him to hang out and he said maybe a little later after picking up something at a (girl) friend's apt. Well, long story short, 8 hours later he now said got tied up at his friends, he's stoned, and sorry.

I'm so fed up with it. I feel like I'm being stringed along by him. Most of all though, I truly miss him as my friend. I'm fine not being in a relationship or anything anymore, but he's the only guy I've ever met that I feel so comfortable around. All I want is to maintain a friendship and chill with him. We were on the same page with that 2 weeks ago... now what though? I don't want to come across desperate but need to get this figured out. It's affecting me a lot... I'm losing sleep, distracted at work, lack of appetite...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to read this, it means a lot to me.

Messages In This Thread
Advice on next steps with a guy - by edank462 - 05-21-2016, 04:27 PM
Advice on next steps with a guy - by kindy64 - 05-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Advice on next steps with a guy - by edank462 - 06-06-2016, 02:08 AM
Advice on next steps with a guy - by kindy64 - 06-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Advice on next steps with a guy - by Darius - 06-06-2016, 02:24 PM