Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does it seem like everyone is so against religious people these days?
Why does it seem like the religious today are getting a bad rap for everything?

I mean, religion has been used for social and political power, to murder many of those who did not agree with them, to censor free speech, and much more. However, religion has done a lot of good as well including charities and having constructed hospitals and many more. I mean, I wouldn't say it's all bad, but I feel like both gays and religious can sometmies go too far.
for instance, there was a time when a baker decided not to serve two gay men due to their religious beliefs. The men decided to sue them and stuff. I am thinking if htey are not going to serve you, why can't you just go to another baker who is gay-friendly? or maybe make the owners lose their customers and stuff and then they will close down and they will be on the losing end? I mean, come on, did you really have to go to court for all of this crap? I know it is your civil rights, but to sue someone and make someone lose their business is just too far.

now as for the religious owners. don't you realize that when word gets out, you lose your customers and many of those who come to your bakery. Really, are they not worried about their businesses collapsing? Why not set your religious beliefs aside and just think overlook the fact that they are gay? then again, you're forcing someoen to not be able to express their religious freedom and stuff?

Well, then, most gays aren't religious anyway.

sometimes I wonder if gays hate religious people simply because they ahve had bad experiences in families, in churches, in schools or may have been bullied in school for their identity and sexual orientation. I mean, if this is a grudge y ou hold, shouldn't you at least let it go eventually so that you don' thave to carry it with you forever? I mean, it's a huge burden, and I could take it off my shoulders if I were you.

I know religion is subordinate to its scientific cousin. I get it. Her scientific cousin has saved lives, has made huge breakthroughs and more. Why would you denigrate it simply because there is no proof? It's ironic since some scientists themselves are religious. I'm thinking,"Aren't you contradicting yourself in a way?" "How can you be religious, scientific-minded, and gay all at the same time since one group hates the other, and they all reciprocate this hatred?"

Messages In This Thread
Why does it seem like everyone is so against religious people these days? - by questioning9 - 05-28-2016, 03:51 PM