Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does it seem like everyone is so against religious people these days?
I feel that your question is rhetorical rather than sincere, but I'll answer anyway, if much shorter explanation than I normally would do.

The religions focused on are those that affect our lives through social, cultural, and political means. (If Quakers, Taoists, or even neopagan Heathens were to rise up and start legislating our lives, you can bet there'd be a lot of hostility directed their way as well, but they can't just have members who complain, they actually have to affect our lives.) It's a rare person who bothers with these other religions because they don't pass constitutional amendments against us, laws against us, deny us the right to be with loved ones in the hospital and ban us from their funerals (which might be due to a hate crime by Christians), or, as you yourself pointed out, try to make our lives hell through bullying and abuse (in worst case scenarios, they even act out violently, or justify those who do).

Maybe you're under the delusion that it's only a small fraction of Christendom doing this (though it does seem the nature of Christendom is changing on this issue, just as they have other issues--including interracial marriage--in the past), but you'd be wrong going by the votes and the popular political rhetoric that got people elected. Furthermore, if it was only a small minority then the rest of Christendom could put them down, just as they did Westboro--not for hating on gays, mind you, but for hating on America and crashing the funerals of soldiers. Christendom rose up (heck, even the KKK did) and said "They're not with us" which proves they can if they want to, but they never raised a peep when Westboro crashed gay funerals for I think a decade before that (including the funeral of Matthew Shepard), so obviously Christendom doesn't have a problem with that aspect of them, just the aspect of thanking God for 9/11 and dead soldiers.

Messages In This Thread
Why does it seem like everyone is so against religious people these days? - by Pix - 05-29-2016, 08:41 AM