Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anxiety before and during job interviews.
Aquarius Wrote:I'm having a job phobia, anxiety for job interviews (and other social aspects) playing a major role.
I already had it before my first and only job experience, but after I got fired from that company, it got only a lot stronger and I was kinda traumatized, and didn't have a job since 2008 because of this.

It's not going to help you, but just wanted to let you know you're not all alone.

What sort of Jobs are you looking for and is there anything from the previous role that you have had that could impact on why you feel the way you do. Maybe you could get yourself back into work temporarily through an agency (on a non public facing assignment) and build yourself up from there, start off with something that is part time until you can push yourself to do more.

artyboy Wrote:Hey I'm having a lot of Anxiety Anxiety before and during job interviews, odd thing is I know there isn't anything to worry about and I'm not scared or anything but my brain feels like it just shuts down. Its starting to become a huge problem. I actually lost a lot of marks when I was at uni because of this.

I haven't had a job since I started uni back in 2007 and Im starting to lost it. I'm seeing the doctor in a few days but just wanted to see what you guys think.

I hope that there is something that can be done to help you with this issue. I hate hearing when good people cannot work or get into work, whatever the reason for that may be.

My friend's partner has failed to get work in his chosen field of accountancy and I feel its because of a condition that he has but obviously I cannot prove this. The guy is more intelligent then most of the world but his condition gives him a quirk which he cannot help. He's had to get the odd temp role here and there but its not nice when there isn't guaranteed work.

I've recently just gained myself some employment after being out of work for a few months, I was ready to have a breakdown after working in customer services under some pretty rotten people and it heavily impacted how I saw the workplaces I was at. It has been hard because I kept being offered interviews for the same work when I just wanted to leave it behind me and move onto something which allowed me more freedom.

Messages In This Thread
Anxiety before and during job interviews. - by Shawn - 10-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Anxiety before and during job interviews. - by CorsacReborn - 10-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Anxiety before and during job interviews. - by TwisttheLeaf - 10-03-2016, 02:21 AM