Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Presumably straight acquaintance... been chatting for months online. Need advice!
Hey everyone. Thanks in advance for reading this, I really appreciate it!
I realize the title may remind you of similar posts, but please bare with me; I promise it will be brief and straight-to-the-point.

I met this guy a few years back when we were still in uni; he was looking for someone to tutor him in a challenging course and I was referred to him by a mutual friend. I
was instantly attracted to him (this rarely happens when I meet new guys) and we spent about an hour after the tutoring session discussing a bunch of different topics. Yet, I presumed he was straight, so did not make a move. I did add him on FB though. In the 3 years that followed, while we did not sustain any meaningful contact, he did always make sure to wish me a happy birthday, not on Fb but rather via Whatsapp (More personal?)... A few months ago, he got in touch with me and asked how I was doing. Since then, we have been chatting on Whatsapp for around 5 months (He is in Spain doing his Master's, I am in Jordan working; we are both Jordanian). It has evolved to the point where we say "gmorning", "gnight", etc.

He knows I'm gay, and yet sustains everyday conversations; when he feels we haven't texted for a while, he re-initiates by sending a website link, photo or just a plain "heyy".
When I probed about him relationship status, he mentioned never having dated (he's 24; i'm 28); only a few one-night stands with girls that were apparently not fulfilling. On the only 2 occasions where the subject was brought up, he described girls using negative terms.
Recently, I expressed to him that I find him attractive and sweet (cautiously managed to do it without appearing to be interested in him in that way); he was nervously flattered.
It's also worth noting that he often asks for my opinion on various matters, and is excited to find out commonalities between us. At one point, he also said that he always finds time for me.

He will be spending a couple of months in Jordan as of next week, and wants to see me.
To be honest, ALL my friends are straight; they are also outside the country and while we are extremely close (childhood friends) we merely talk on weekly basis, and our conversations are limited to trivial things, joking around and planning vacation reunions abroad. So I find it extremely odd that this guy carries out a daily conversation with me and has shared intimate details about his personal life despite not knowing me well in real life.

Your thoughts on the matter would really help me at this stage. What dyou think I should do?

thank you Smile

Messages In This Thread
Presumably straight acquaintance... been chatting for months online. Need advice! - by cardini89 - 06-23-2017, 07:07 PM