Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning to work after the pandemic
(06-02-2021, 12:07 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Hmm... I know every restaurant around is short handed. I know it is a complicated issue.

I've heard all sort of things from the "bleeding heart" Libertarians about how no one wants to work and just wants a government handout.

First, anyone who is smart will take the extra money than go work at a crap job for $10/hr... Sure, it will come to an end at some point but I certainly am not blaming people for taking the better deal. Should we blame the government for making it easier for people to get unemployment, or get more assistance? No, I don't think that's right either. Frankly, I think that anyone working a full time job should be able to make ends meet. This idea that people have to work a 2nd job or a 3rd job just to pay the rent is insane.
I'm thinking this is happening more in higher income jobs where skills are more in demand. I'm wondering if some companies will take the path of offering employees the option to continue working remotely and use it as a competitive advantage over those who insist on taking a hard line.

Messages In This Thread
Returning to work after the pandemic - by calgor - 06-01-2021, 11:01 PM
RE: Returning to work after the pandemic - by calgor - 06-02-2021, 02:43 AM