Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Namibian court rules against gay couples
(01-21-2022, 08:14 PM)doubletrouble Wrote: Insofar as a state establishes rights for domestic/sexual partners, gay couples should have the same rights as straight couples, but I prefer to reach this goal by removing privileges of straight couples. Why does a wealthy man or woman receive a large tax break for supporting a domestic/sexual partner who doesn't work otherwise? I mean ... if you're very wealthy and will pay me to be your sexual partner, I'm definitely interested, but I don't understand the tax break. Why not give tax breaks to people without sexual partners instead?

It would seem that the incentive is for the couple to have kids. I would agree that any married couple should get the tax break and regardless of whether it is a gay couple or otherwise should get the same benefits. However, our Christian conservative neighbors think otherwise. See, Google Chrome insisted I capitalize Christian.

Right now, in the US and many other countries, people aren't having kids. The difference is that when my great grandparents were having kids they lived on a farm and it made sense to have 10-12 kids because they ended up helping to provide and sustain the family farm. Now, having kids is an expense that many can't afford....unless you're making near six figures you're probably not doing your kid any favors. Like, I couldn't imagine trying to raise a kid on my salary.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Namibian court rules against gay couples - by InbetweenDreams - 01-25-2022, 01:34 PM