Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s the strangest place you’ve ever worked in?
When I left school I worked for a firm of builders in London. I'd end up working in some very odd places. I worked in several buildings in and around Harley Street. One was an animal charity. They would phone up and ask for me to come round to look for items in their basement archives, because no one there had any idea where anything was.

Another company, I believe they were a firm of accountants, claimed that the building they worked from had originally been built by Horatio Nelson for his mistress, Emma Hamilton. One day they needed a doorknob changed. Our carpenter fitted a modern, but tasteful, doorknob on a beautiful oak door. I was allowed to keep the old brass knob. To think that I might have in my possession a knob that Nelson once touched ... :tongue:

Of course, my work as a performing musician takes me to some weird places. Over the past few weeks I have played in a sheep shelter, at an archaealogical dig and last weekend in a derelict tractor shed. Some people get all the best gigs.

To be honest I'm a bit hard-pushed to decide which is the weirdest place I've ever worked. Does the Whitehall Banqueting House with its beautiful Rubens-painted ceiling count as weird?

Messages In This Thread
What’s the strangest place you’ve ever worked in? - by marshlander - 09-13-2011, 06:30 PM