Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
nullnaught Wrote:I hear this sort of sentiment. I don't understand it in terms of game theory. I think to make this sort of thinking make sense, you have to assume right and wrong exist. As a matter of game theory, I think it is a good strategy to treat others as they have demonstrated they will treat you. Take the morals out and try answering this again. I am not a turn the other cheek type of fellow. Show me a logical reason not to treat them as badly as they have treated us.

Escalation?
When it turns into two groups trying to destroy the other, why would they stop at the same level of harm as their opponent?

Also, we are fighting for rights, to equal them in "damage", we'd have to fight to take away their rights. Which will make them fight to get back, and if they want to cause the same "damage" take away our rights.

It would either cause a vicious never ending circle of hate and conflict, or escalate to all out war and eventually extinction of one side(As these are both non physical traits, the trait would be eradicated from the public, and only a tiny fraction of people would secretly hold the trait).
Would you really want either?

Mahatma Gandhi: "An-eye-for-an-eye-for-an-eye-for-an-eye ... ends in making everybody blind."

Perhaps i am just not well read on the subject of human behaviour...
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Messages In This Thread
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT? - by Genersis - 11-30-2011, 05:47 AM