Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe the typical gay "situation"?
[quote=Katelin]
I have been threatened to be sent away if I were ever gay
they would hate me even if I was their daughter.
My mom even brings up how she would go as far as to shoot my girlfriend

most important:
You should not be out to your family if its not the practical thing to do. Being gay is not a religion in that not everyone has the need to know. You are not trying to convert the infidels. From what your parents are saying I think they suspect your gay. Just let it go. At your age you need to start thinking about your self not your parents. Your parents are not gods and you dont have to kneel in front of them. You are the most important.
I dont see how parents can be less than 100% sportive of their children, it so generates a circle of abuse and hate. You have to break this in your life time yourself. Below may be hateful things to say about your parents but I was a parent too.

what are your parents:
-its a general accepted theory that homophobic people are insecure about their sexuality themselves. More than likely they grew up in an environment not conducive to learning, low economic advantages, insufficient education or social exposure (travel), fundamentalist religion. A parent wakes up and if he is filled with fear he will react bad to others. You are not going to be able to educate them. You are the child.
-Now is a good time to be gay, lots of options for the gay person compared to when your parents were growing up. You can life a very functional life, a proper gay lover, family, career. Work towards these things; of having a low stress loving house hold and break the abuse and hate circle.
-One or both of your parent could be more gay than you?
-you have a year or two to when you go to college and or leave the nest. Your will live separate lives form your family. If they continue to support you financially and the checks are generous, frequent and on time; milk them for all you can get. When you are more independent and no more flow tell them then. Do it in less than 33 words. Tell them when they are ready to behave text you back.

As Bowyn Aerrow said its important to have an understanding with your partner about how out you want to be. It is important to not let anyone pressure you into outing your self. Be the pragmatic thrifty gay.

Messages In This Thread
Maybe the typical gay "situation"? - by Katelin - 12-07-2011, 05:23 AM
Maybe the typical gay "situation"? - by OrphanPip - 12-07-2011, 05:28 AM
Maybe the typical gay "situation"? - by Katelin - 12-07-2011, 05:32 AM
Maybe the typical gay "situation"? - by OrphanPip - 12-07-2011, 05:42 AM
Maybe the typical gay "situation"? - by Pix - 12-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Maybe the typical gay "situation"? - by hamsandwizh - 12-07-2011, 06:41 AM
Maybe the typical gay "situation"? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 12-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Maybe the typical gay "situation"? - by pellaz - 12-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Maybe the typical gay "situation"? - by Katelin - 12-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Maybe the typical gay "situation"? - by SamReynolds - 12-11-2011, 05:18 AM
Maybe the typical gay "situation"? - by dfiant - 12-11-2011, 07:51 AM