Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I find a guy?
Are you going to gay bars? Depending where you live, it can be very dangerous, even in this day and age, hitting on a straight guy, especially in a straight environment. If you are going to a gay bar, most likely the guys are gay. But even then most of the guys I found were just looking to hook up.

There are sites like Match.com, Gay.com, Eharmony.com that you can post singles ads on that aren't such hookup sites.

I can forewarn that even those sites have the guys just looking for a hookup so one of my tricks I learned to weed people out was I stopped meeting people right away, no matter how well we hit it off. I always told the guy up front that I don't meet people until I got to know them for awhile. That I like to talk online, or even on the phone, a few times before meeting them. Someone who is really looking to hook up is usually not going to invest that kind of time just to hook up. When I started doing this I saw my hookup people drop off drastically. When I would meet a guy, I would meet them. I wouldn't have them pick me up so I had a way to get myself home if I needed. I also would tell the guy straight out that I don't do the sex right away thing. That I didn't have sex with someone until I got to know them for awhile. The second filter for the hookup guys. When we went out, we went out. Not to the guy's house. We went to dinner, a movie, show, club, whatever. And a lot of times if the guy suggested a restaurant or club, I would say I wanted to go somewhere else (not in a mean sounding way) but it helped put them out of their comfort zone. A couple of guys I went out with that turned out to be hookups flat out said they would "frequent" a certain restaurant or bar. And if you really are serious that you are looking for a real relationship, as hard as sometimes it may be, you need to hold the sex thing for a later time. When I first started dating guys, many of them I felt like I hit it off and many times would hook up on the first date and never heard from them again. When I stopped doing that, it started showing me the guys who were in for the haul and who wasn't.

Wish you luck in your search. I know it is tough in small towns to find someone but it will happen someday!

Messages In This Thread
How do I find a guy? - by countyboy - 12-31-2011, 11:04 PM
How do I find a guy? - by LostGay - 01-16-2012, 10:53 AM
How do I find a guy? - by iPromise - 01-16-2012, 10:22 PM