Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News.... For all the anti-gun peeps! GOD BLESS THE U.S.
I don't really have a problem with gun ownership, my parents have a shotgun and rifle in the house. Although, small arms could benefit from stricter control in the USA. The majority of illegally owned guns in Canada are smuggled in from the USA, the lax gun laws in the USA negatively effect us by making it much easier for criminals to acquire guns. Even so, in the USA the majority of gun related deaths are suicides, and after that the majority of people murdered by handgun are criminals themselves (and most of them under the age of 21, and not by would-be victims). That means for the vast majority of people the risk of being killed by someone breaking into your house is very very low. I think it a bit ridiculous for people to go around talking about the need to have a gun to protect themselves from something highly unlikely, it's just perpetuating the culture of irrational fear that drives the gated-community/home security industry as a whole. All arming a civilian population with handguns does is create an arms race with criminals, they arm themselves in turn and then everyone is at greater risk of harm.

Messages In This Thread
Breaking News.... For all the anti-gun peeps! GOD BLESS THE U.S. - by OrphanPip - 01-05-2012, 09:51 PM