Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dark web: Guns and drugs for sale on the Internet's secret black market
I know I can surf the internet without being traced. I have a few special programs designed by people I know that take the worry of having my activity traced (I.P. Addy trace). This is not the same thing as using a proxy site. Instead each session I use it it routes through various servers.

I also do not get hit with adverts and redirect Trojans and various other things that most people do. I do get the occasional pop-up/under ad however its an error message due to my hosts file protecting me from unwanted web-advertising/hijacking/vicious sites.

Then there is the deep web: http://thebotnet.com/guides-and-tutorial...dden-wiki/ makes for an interesting read.

Then there is the Invisible Web: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-search-e...sible-web/ This later is not indexed by Google, Ask and other popular search engines.

There are a lot of tricks one can do with a computer and their online connection. There are places 'unseen' on the information highway, places where you need special invite and passwords to go.

I can't see any reason why there can't be a 'darkweb' one set for use by those with less than legal intent as described in that article. In fact it makes a lot of sense owning to how say drug dealers have been the first to latch on to previous technologies. Back in the day of beepers a person with a beeper was either a doctor or a drug dealer. Then cell phones started coming out and you knew that the person was either in high end career (doctor, lawyer, etc) or was a drug dealer.

I can't see the criminal element passing over the promise of profits that this internet technology can offer.

Messages In This Thread
The dark web: Guns and drugs for sale on the Internet's secret black market - by Bowyn Aerrow - 02-03-2012, 12:52 PM