Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London 2012
London 2012

Just around the corner. The Olympic games are something that most aussies look forward to. I don't know what the rest of the world is like, but in Australia, the Olympic Games are aired live in it entirety and then highlights replayed for the rest of the day, so it is literally 24 hours of coverage.

Us Aussies, even the aussies that aren't sports nuts, tend to be glued to the Olympics coverage and all we talk about for the 2 weeks is gold, silver and bronze...and how badly we are whooping the pommies butts Smile

Aparently us Aussies are so good that 12 years after we hosted the Olympics in Sydney, the poms message to their own is
Quote:"What we need to do is to overcome our natural British reserve and be a little bit more like the Australians."

Olympic volunteers told to be Australian

I'm looking forward to the 2012 Olympics, it is going to be great...with ot without 'The Thorpedo', and at this point is looks more likely it will be without Sad

Might watch it this year for once as it's in London.:redface:

My parents never watch it....so...i err.... haven't either.
*Shrugs*

Will be hell for London's roads and transport systems though...
Being a pedestrian, it could cause quite a bit of trouble.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Tbh saying its the London Olympics I'm not really that fussed about it, I think when you talk to other people in my area (the north) we don't really care. There's a great north south divide in the country and the government is keen to get all the press about London. It's been the same and always will stay the same.

Yep , sure looking forward to it , and with Foxtel I get it free on my cell phone.
Yay!