Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gays, dating and commitment.
Okay, what the hell is with gay guys? I have been doing everything I can to get on the dating scene, make friends and find a relationship, but I swear guys are just after some tail and they go back to their fag hags.

I'm not ashamed of being gay, but I'm really starting to hate trying to find a place in this 'gay community' that there is suppose to be. I'm so sick of daddies wanting to feel up a young boy, i'm sick of the guys with the slightest athletic build being completely arrogant and shallow, I'm sick of thinking that when i've found a nice guy they all of sudden vanish never to be heard from again. I even talked to a guy who said he really wanted a guy who would be willing to commit, and when i showed the slightest interest, he cut contact. if I had only one reason to turn straight its so that I wouldn't have to put up with so much of this bullshit. I'm not calling anyone on the forum here these things, its just my general rant about the whole thing.

Why are gays so opposed to long term committed relationships. What the fuck happened to love?

Anonymous Wrote:Okay, what the hell is with gay guys? I have been doing everything I can to get on the dating scene, make friends and find a relationship, but I swear guys are just after some tail and they go back to their fag hags.

I'm not ashamed of being gay, but I'm really starting to hate trying to find a place in this 'gay community' that there is suppose to be. I'm so sick of daddies wanting to feel up a young boy, i'm sick of the guys with the slightest athletic build being completely arrogant and shallow, I'm sick of thinking that when i've found a nice guy they all of sudden vanish never to be heard from again. I even talked to a guy who said he really wanted a guy who would be willing to commit, and when i showed the slightest interest, he cut contact. if I had only one reason to turn straight its so that I wouldn't have to put up with so much of this bullshit. I'm not calling anyone on the forum here these things, its just my general rant about the whole thing.

Why are gays so opposed to long term committed relationships. What the fuck happened to love?

Perhaps if you didn't have such a negative attitude you may find the love you are so keen to find. Drop the negative and try to look at dating and finding love in a positive way, then maybe someone may be attracted to you???

Anonymous Wrote:Okay, what the hell is with gay guys? I have been doing everything I can to get on the dating scene, make friends and find a relationship, but I swear guys are just after some tail and they go back to their fag hags.

I think you answered your own question, the gay datin scene. In not way am I a fan of it, especially in certain clubs where I live its really bitchy and everyone knows everyone. Don't go looking for love let it come to you. :-)

Almac Wrote:Perhaps if you didn't have such a negative attitude you may find the love you are so keen to find. Drop the negative and try to look at dating and finding love in a positive way, then maybe someone may be attracted to you???

Sorry, I'm venting. I'm really an easy going and happy guy, just feeling frustrated today.

Hi,
I understand that you start to feel negative. I wish I had a simple advice. I believe that long-lasting relationship is a hard work. But sometimes it needs to start with luck. And waiting can be frustrating. You are ready and eager to do your best and there is nothing to work on...

I guess my only advice is try to stay positive and give yourself permission to stop looking for some time. Maybe try some new hobby, you can meet new people thanks to the hobby, most of them will be probably straight, but who knows? *hugs*

Anonymous Wrote:Sorry, I'm venting. I'm really an easy going and happy guy, just feeling frustrated today.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]We all get like that at times when things just don't go our way, I wish you loads of good luck in your quest to find the right guy....
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Anonymous Wrote:Sorry, I'm venting. I'm really an easy going and happy guy, just feeling frustrated today.

don't be sorry Smile We can't feel sweet everyday, our teeth would fall out in a month Wink

In my experience...don't took outside yourself for the answer...it is inside you. I listened to almost the exact words from countless gay men when I was a bartender and if I wanted to be honest with them...I could tell them in a second WHY....and it wasn't a problem outside of themself. If I really liked them and valued their friendship I would tell them the truth and fully expect the messenger to be shot because most people do not want an actual answer...most people do not want to hear the truth so if I didn't know them well enough I kept silent.

I can tell you one thing just reading your question though...I would run away fast from anyone who said that stuff to me or who had that attitude. Just thinking everyone who has an even "slight athletic build" is very shallow reveals alot about you....not them. I certainly did not find that to be true at all. There certainly are shallow people in the world but their build is not the deciding factor. I hope you take this as intended which is to help you. If you want to go off on me I understand.

...and I am going on 26 years now with the same man whom I love very much....so nothing happened to love...it is alive and well. Attitude is everything.

I think the the general reply is going to be:
"Dating isn't easy, but if you get a negative outlook on things and start overgeneralising your dating audience then that's just going to impede your chances."

I'd like to add that i doubt straight people have it much easier.

Good luck.Confusedmile:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

to the OP, you need to widen your search and use less name calling. Love is not at all like that but rather love is found in unexpected places.