Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where can I find more gays?
Ok, so i really want to find a date but I dont know where to start. I don't like to date online and I dont feel safe in bars. In college no one knows im gay and I cant tell if anyone else is. What should I do? What are some suggestions where i can meet gays who may be looking for a date?

Online, in a bar, GLBT org on campus...not easy to do when you are still in the closet, sorry

I went to 'mixed' groups where there was a basic understanding that all were welcomed regardless of their orientation. These groups were for hobbies and other interests I had.

I made social connections (the original networking) and met other people.

Of course one minor difference here is I didn't hide being you know, 'that way'.... I didn't carry a sign and wear pink and rainbow flags, but everyone pretty much knew - at least those people who I thought to tell. Hmm well I went to many a gay bar where I was accused of being straight.... maybe no one knew? Wink

I am not trying to hide it, i just dont act like I am. So it makes it difficult for others to know too.

LOl don't act like one. When you are someplace and you meat someone and you guys look in each other eyes, he will know you are gay and you will know he is. And Maybe you can give em small hint if you like someone? Ya know like, look at them over and send them air kiss .... lol
Seriously, if you don't want anybody in your school to know, then you have to go out, there really isn't other way. Find some gay bar around you and go see whats happening Wink

To begin a date properly you need to just go out and mingle really because then itsd the true source of feeling... Online you could be looked at what u think is mister right infact when its mister wrong!

Seath Wrote: Find some gay bar around you and go see whats happening Wink

Too scared!! lol

Anonymous Wrote:Too scared!! lol

You said you don't "feel safe" in bars.

What is your specific concern?

Being drugged and raped? Or being the victim of a hate crime when some thug sees you leaving?

Not trying to be a smart-ass, I just want to help you address your concern (fear).

Be honest, don't feel stupid. Your feelings matter here because frankly they're holding you up.

I feel a lot like the op... I'm still in the closet, but I'd like to still meet a few gay guys... But my "gaydar" is nonexistent.... There are a few guys I've gotten a vibe from but they are just as in the closet as I am (if they are gay at all) and I don't have the balls to ask them.
There is only one gay bar in my area and I know a few (straight) friends that go there and I don't think I'm ready for that just yet.
I've almost got the nerve to visit the lgbt club on campus, but I don't think I'd want to join... They are a bit too "In your face" for my taste.

LateBloomer Wrote:You said you don't "feel safe" in bars.

What is your specific concern?

Being drugged and raped? Or being the victim of a hate crime when some thug sees you leaving?

Not trying to be a smart-ass, I just want to help you address your concern (fear).

Be honest, don't feel stupid. Your feelings matter here because frankly they're holding you up.

Thanks, now im even more scared!