Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I've come to accept it.
I'm actually addicted to dr. pepper. I consume 2-3, usually 2, cans a day. I try not to drink them too fast and let them last for most of the day because if I finish early I'll need another. Just the sound of a can being opened will make my mouth water and I'll desparately crave a dr. pepper, sometimes I'll even get up and grab a dr. pepper assuming I'm not already drinking one. I think I'm drinking too much dr. pepper and not enough water because since I've been kinda obsessing more than usual over drinking dr. pepper I'm drinking as much water and I've been feeling drained and dizzy and tired so I think I may be getting dehydrated. I've never been very good at drinking water anyway.

So, my first step, admitting I'm addicted to dr. pepper. Here I am admitting it. Next step: Start drinking more water.

:3 Sound good yes?

do what i did to get of soda, go buy powerade or gatorade and some orange juice and vitamins, all the vitamins kick in and will make you feel as if you dont need all that sugar

I don't drink plain water. I make 'flavored' waters with an herbal tea bag to a gallon of water.

In summer I add a bit of salt and sugar to offset sweating out salts.

I also drink lots of fruit juices - I water them down because the sugar content of fruit juice is usually to strong for my tastes.

Hey, at least you're not an alcoholic lol. But yeah, drink flavored water and juice. Mmmmm juice....

I very rarely drink any soft drinks (Soda) these days. I think it is more the sugar hit that you are addicted to rather then the flavour of the drink, but Dr Peppers is your preferred flavour of sugar.

Nothing that comes from a corner store, supermarket, service (Gas) station is without several heaped tablespoons of sugar.

I prefer water or fruit juice and 3-4 cups of coffee a day, and every now and again I'll have a Ginger Beer or an energy drink.

Familiarise yourself with the process called 'Osmosis' and you'll understand why you are getting dehydrated so easily and have those lethargic spells and suffer 'caffeine' head aches

a cut of coffee has 100mg of caffeine, soda has only 30mg. That being said the type of soda you drink could be acidic and damage your teeth. Always some bad. Lemon crystal lite works?

spencer Wrote:... I've been feeling drained and dizzy and tired so I think I may ...
you need essential protein, crabs and fats in a diet. go online and figure what you need. Sounds like something is missing. You can get protein from lots of stuff your mother would like you to eat but try Casen type protein power from OnGold. Carbs could get from rice noodles etc. Always compliment an alternative diet with supplements from like Fitness Labs

It's very rare for me to drink soda of any kind.
Fruit juice or iced teas will help get rid of the cravings.

Cranberry and Rose-hip are great for getting rid of caffeine cravings.
If you are getting on edge try some chamomile tea with honey , it's very relaxing.

Keep us posted.

Alternatives just don't do it, it's not the same. See what I was doing was buying single bottles at the store because when I don't have dr. pepper galore I don't drink as much but then I realized I was pretty much just buying a dr. pepper 3 or 4 times a week I decided it was cheaper to just go buy the cases. However I have been lacking self-control as I am currently on my third can today. I think I just need to learn how to control myself.

Quote:I very rarely drink any soft drinks (Soda) these days. I think it is more the sugar hit that you are addicted to rather then the flavour of the drink, but Dr Peppers is your preferred flavour of sugar.

Well yeah I just specifically say Dr. Pepper because I could have a Coke or a Moutnain Dew and it'll help, but it doesn't make me quite as happy.

Quote:you need essential protein, crabs and fats in a diet. go online and figure what you need. Sounds like something is missing. You can get protein from lots of stuff your mother would like you to eat but try Casen type protein power from OnGold. Carbs could get from rice noodles etc. Always compliment an alternative diet with supplements from like Fitness Labs

My body's usually pretty good at telling me what I need. I've started assuming whatever I'm craving, minus dr. pepper, is whatever I'm lacking in diet. I started craving meat the other day and I thought that was weird because that's never happened but then I realized I hadn't been eating as much protein as I usually do so I figured I was lacking in protein. Which may also be why I'm not feeling so energized. I usually eat pretty healthy, I mean if I want to be a dietitian I should be MOSTLY healthy. Just kinda have a weakness for my soda. I have been focussing a lot on vegetables though so I haven't been eating protein like I normally do.

Quote:Cranberry and Rose-hip are great for getting rid of caffeine cravings.
If you are getting on edge try some chamomile tea with honey , it's very relaxing.

Oh that's a good idea. Although we've kinda stopped buying fruit juice since it's better to just eat the fruit. Perhaps I'll just have some "comfort fruit" bahahaha.

I can't prove it, but I suspect too much soda causes cancer. Well it's not JUST soda, but all the other shit we eat as well...

See, soda is so acidic they have to coat the inside of the can so that the aluminum doesn't leach into the drink.

But you know what? There's no coating on the top of the can when you pour it out.

I think soda is poison.

Beer on the other hand is a gift from God.
Smile

But still, I don't like to drink beer out of a can. Perhaps not as acidic as soda, but there's still aluminum leaching into the drink--you can taste it.

Much better to drink out of glass bottles.

And for that matter, I can't stand microwaves. NEVER microwave a plastic container. The polymers will leach into your food. Not to mention the friggin radiation can't be good for you.

And finally, what's with all the rage about cooking on a nonstick surface. Bullshit. Use more oil or butter. That's gotta be better for you than eating small amounts of Teflon every time you cook.

All this SHIT is causing the cancer rates we're seeing in modern society.

JMHO.

Stop drinking soda pop. IT'S POISON!

I drink carbonated (sparkling) water when I have a craving for soda and beer.
For me its the fizz that is important, not really the taste.