Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Childhood friend....do I or don't I?

Hi grace Smile

welcome to the forum. I have two similar relationships that run back more than twenty years. Yeah, we changed, we don't talk to each other much and we see each other pretty much with the same frequency as you two. But it is still nice.

I am not quite sure what that "what if" means. Do you want him as a friend or maybe as a boyfriend?

I don't think that his lack of response ten years ago means much now. It's so easy to lost contacts with former friends and not be able to restore them.

I would definitely write. What can you lose? If you don't, there will always be those what ifs Smile

As for the elephant... so, you want to assure him that you are gay friendly? Smile What about writing him what has happened in your life in those ten years and mention that you spent some time (a trip, holiday, sharing an apartment?) with your (female) friend and her girlfriend. Just a suggestion Smile

Hello Grace ,
Welcome to the forum.Wavey

As time goes by we seen to magnify the feelings we had while we were younger.
Unfortunately we do not realize we are doing it.

You said it yourself , right here and now you are not compatible.
But the way he made you feel when you are younger is still not fulfilled.
Naturally there are a million "what if's" going through your mind.
It is completely normal when the relationship is cut off , with out closure.

Look ,it wont hurt to drop him a line, to let him know you are there for him. ( In friendship, no strings attached)
For all you know, he may be thinking you are expecting more from him that he is willing to give, or able to do.

Good luck ,keep us posted.Confusedmile:

Do you have a word processor program? Open it up and write a letter to him. Save it as Rough Draft to _________ (his name).

Close the program - wait a week. Open up the file and read it and see how it feels to you.

If, at the end of the week, what you wrote still rings true, email it to him.

The worst he can do is not reply.

I like Bowyn Arrow's idea.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Do you have a word processor program? Open it up and write a letter to him. Save it as Rough Draft to _________ (his name).

Close the program - wait a week. Open up the file and read it and see how it feels to you.

Wow, I must try that one day Xyxthumbs

email him till he tells you to stop. I mean what the heck?

from a safety point of view this person may be not what or who you think he is. Be cautious and at the same time be kind and loving.

I do that all the time. I never do send it though. I have a habit of writing to people though and never sending the letters.
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Do you have a word processor program? Open it up and write a letter to him. Save it as Rough Draft to _________ (his name).

Sorry to be a downer, but I find it's impossible to recapture the past. Sometimes you meet someone after a space of many years and think "what the hell did I ever see in them?"

In the words of Quo: Burning bridges never made me cry.