Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saddest movie quotes
I'm a sucker for sad movie scenes. I have no idea why, perhaps I'm just a masochist. But if anyone else out there enjoys a sad movie or scene, let's hear some of the quotes that stick with you.. Warning, here there be spoilers......

Schindler's List: "I could have saved more..."

The scene where Oskar meets with the Jewish leader and completely breaks down, sobbing that if he had just given up his car, or made a little more cash, he could have saved one or two more lives. This scene has me leaking like a faucet every single time I see it.

Requiem For A Dream: Sarah's Breakdown
This scene is one of the most depressing things in the film. The other people I could give a rat's ass about. They made the conscious choice to screw their lives up with heroin and I could care less what happens to them. Sarah is nothing more than a sweet old woman, who because of a quack doctor, succumbs to extreme speed addiction in the form of diet pills. She is the only true victim in the entire bleak film.

Forrest Gump: "I may not be smart....but I know what love is."

I'm not a huge fan of the movie (I always thought it preached a conservative lifestyle too loudly) but this simple, yet poignant line he speaks to his girlfriend, after being shat on once more by her is quite moving in its simplicity.

Anyone else have any they would like to share?

Brokeback Mountain . . .

There ain't never enough time, never enough...

Tell you what... truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it...

Cry

I only remember titanic as it sank lol and rose said "jack" cant remember the rest

"Goodbye"

from M*A*S*H

It was a huge event at the time and pretty much everyone burst out crying. It was just a single word spelled out but powerful how they did it. It was actually a TV Show but they did a movie for the end..and the whole show started with and was based on a movie...so it was appropriate.

From... Fried Green Tomatoes

Ruth "My Daddy Used To Always Say There Was Seperate God For Children"

Ninny "All These People Will Live As Long As You Remember Them"

Ninny "A Heart Can Be Broken, But It Will Keep Beating Just The Same"

From...Angels in America (talking about gay people and AIDS)

Prior: "This disease will be the end of many of us, but not nearly all. And the dead will be commemorated, and we'll struggle on with the living, and we are not going away. We won't die secret deaths anymore. The world only spins forward. We will be citizens. The time has come."

From The Shawshank Redemption:

Red - I guess it comes down to a simple choice really; get busy living or get busy dying.

From Blade Runner:

Roy - I've done....questionable things

Roy - I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain.
Time to die.

From X-Men (2nd film) Nightcrawler always reminds me of how I should look at homophobic people.

Nightcrawler: You know, outside the circus, most people were afraid of me. But I didn't hate them. I pitied them. Do you know why? Because most people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes.

Storm: Well, I gave up on pity a long time ago.

Nightcrawler: Someone so beautiful should not be so angry.

Storm: Sometimes anger can help you survive.

Nightcrawler: So can faith.

i cant remember anymore lol

East Wrote:"Goodbye"

from M*A*S*H

It was a huge event at the time and pretty much everyone burst out crying. It was just a single word spelled out but powerful how they did it. It was actually a TV Show but they did a movie for the end..and the whole show started with and was based on a movie...so it was appropriate.

You did it again LOL :biggrin:

The Color Purple...

Sofia: "Sat in that jail, I sat in that jail til I near about done rot to death. I know what it like to wanna go somewhere and cain't. I know what it like to wanna sing... and have it beat out 'ya. I want to thank you, Miss Celie, fo everything you done for me. I 'members that day in the store with Miss Millie - I's feelin' real down. I's feelin' mighty bad. And when I seed you - I know'd there is a God. I know'd there is a God."

Cheesy, but...

Sophie's letter from 'Letters to Juliet'.

"'What' and ‘if’ two words as nonthreatening
as words come. But put
them together side-by-side and they
have the power to haunt you for the
rest of your life: ‘What if?'..."

Rolleyes