Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay insinuations from Strangers
I had my first gay insinuation a couple days ago which was pretty awkward but exciting at the same time because I don't really fit any of the stereotypes and no one that I know of had thought I was gay at any point in time lol. I was at a department store with my one friend who is "more open" than I am (that's the best way to put it) and we were getting ready to check out. He walks to one register and I walk to a different one 2 registers away. I have an older woman as a cashier and she asks the typical "How are you doing" I say "good how are you" just small chat chit but then out of nowhere she says " Is that your (slight pause) friend over there?" I was caught completely off guard and all I could say was "yeahhh" and she gave me this weird smile.

Anybody else have any stories of strangers insinuating that you were gay? I'm sure it's fairly common for some people and may not be the most pleasant experience.

it reminds me of something LOL

That's nice. Anyone wants to share some positive story too? Bighug

Hel;lo,
I tend to be open myself about my identity and if someone from outside asks i often tell em the truth but i dont go round 24 7 advertising my sexuality

The lady at the pet adoption place thought me and my friend were a couple. Made for a super awkward moment. I was filling out papers and stuff for my puppies info and she kept asking my friend if this was our first dog and if we had any other animals and if we needed any advice as to how to care for the puppy. He tried playing it off without telling her straight up that we weren't a couple, but it didn't work out so well. The people at the SPCA will forever think that we're a couple. As much as I would hope so, my friend refuses to talk about that time at the kennels xD

LOL Matty, I would have certainly wanted to see that. How did he look like? Shocked? Amused? Smile

I had sort of one at school. I went to a +3500 student public high school, so most people did not know everyone, and even though I was out, this was a huge school in California, almost everyone did not care/couldn't know because it was so huge. My graduating class was about 960 kids.

Anyways I was walking around to get quotes for the school newspaper and I stopped into one class that had like five of my girl friends sitting by the door, so since the teacher liked me I hung out a bit until he got the class started. Anyways as I was leaving I said, "Love ya!" jokingly to the girls. Outside the door I heard one of the kids who I'd never seen before say, "Wait... isn't he gay?"

Other than that, I never get them from strangers. When I tell someone they either say, "Seriously?," or they say something on the lines of, "I wouldn't have guessed that, but it doesn't surprise me."

i'm still in the closet, and no one suspects that i a gay, i'm straight acting gay, but a couple weeks back i received a message on facebook from a friend of a friend that i have never met before in my life but I saw that we had a mutual friend. anyways so the message says that he thought that i was cute and that he wanted a date !! i found it really weird but flattering :p i didn't go with it though, but he was HOTTT !!!

At first he thought she was talking to just me, but then she stated a plural and we both looked at each other. I laughed and I didn't say anything the whole time, but when he's embarrassed or in an awkward position he goes "Uuuuhhhh" a lot and turns super red. I kept laughing but he kept looking at me like I should say something. At one point I did tell him to go to the car to get my wallet. The lady and the guy helping her didn't say much to me, just explaining the papers, but they were both nice. We left and my puppy was taken to get fixed. He was all embarrassed and he told me not to make him go when I picked up my puppy so I had my sister come to spare him the awkwardness. My sister makes fun of us for it. Since then she makes fun of us and calls us a couple. He doesnt care though, but when it comes to strangers, he doesn't like them to assume. He does a bad job at it though. Always dragging me to go to the store with him. We went underwear shopping for him once lol He didn't think so, but we walked into an adult store once to find coals for his hookah (it was the only place nearby that was open, it was almost midnight I remember) and that was super awkward lol
But he's funny. I still took my puppy that day over to his house so we could name her. Her name is Vegeta Jr. btw lmao. I feel sorry for her, but he got it in her head and she calls to it lol Good times

I was in a shop a few years back with my straight friend, shopping for Christmas presents, when he made a joke that struck me particularly funny....I began to crack up from laughter.

How do I explain my laugh....? Anyone ever see that Youtube clip of Anderson Cooper losing it and giggling like a schoolgirl? Yeah, I sound a wee bit more effeminate that him when I laugh.

Anyway, the cashier was smiling and asked us what was so funny. I still couldn't speak at the time so my friend said something to the effect of "I think I broke him" which oddly enough made me crack up even more.

Cashier laughed and said right out of the blue we were "so cute together"

Had to explain I was the gay one and he was the straight one.....I don't think she believed us.

Not the best story, but there you go Confusedmile: